Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Swollen lips!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I have thrush and I was scratching down below before with a rough towel as it was so itchy. I then looked in the mirror and my vaginal lips (the inner ones) have really swollen and are sticking out a lot! What have I done?

Comments

• Options
    :( I'm in so much pain.
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »
    I think I have thrush and I was scratching down below before with a rough towel as it was so itchy. I then looked in the mirror and my vaginal lips (the inner ones) have really swollen and are sticking out a lot! What have I done?

It probably isn't anything to do with the thrush. You have stimulated your labia (vaginal lips) in the same way that would happen during sex. The increased blood flow causes the swelling. They should go back to normal after a while.

Did you ever get any Canestan to treat the thrush?
  • Options
    use some honey or jam to sooth your fanny lyric.
  • Options
    It probably isn't anything to do with the thrush. You have stimulated your labia (vaginal lips) in the same way that would happen during sex. The increased blood flow causes the swelling. They should go back to normal after a while.

Did you ever get any Canestan to treat the thrush?

I've put some Tea Tree & Witch Hazel cream on and it has helped so much.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »

?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Guys, can we stick to genuine advice please.

The embarrassing problems website has some good info on vulva itchiness Lyric, take a look and try to avoid scratching if poss. :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    katralla wrote: »

There seems to be conflicting info on use of honey as a home cure - not sure what's right... might have to askTheSite ;)

Jam isn't coming up at all though...
  • Options
    I wouldnt use anything like honey or jam, most likely will make it worse. Stick with the tea tree stuff or get some canestan or ask a pharmacist
  • Options
    I think yogurt can help but it has to be natural and plain you don't want one with fruit bits in it lol
    To be honest though if you have thrush just get to the doctors and and get a script for some Canestan its not worth suferring it's so easy to treat.
    I have had it a couple of times and Canestan clears it up really quickly.
    I don't think the swollen lips are conected as said before by another reply probably just the vigourous rubbing with your towel.
    Don't forget your b/f needs treating as well :yes:
  • Options
    get a canesten pessary and it should be better by tommorow.

Thrush sucks
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    I think yogurt can help but it has to be natural and plain you don't want one with fruit bits in it lol
    To be honest though if you have thrush just get to the doctors and and get a script for some Canestan its not worth suferring it's so easy to treat.
    I have had it a couple of times and Canestan clears it up really quickly.
    I don't think the swollen lips are conected as said before by another reply probably just the vigourous rubbing with your towel.
    Don't forget your b/f needs treating as well :yes:

Is it possible that he has Thrush?
  • Options
    get a canesten pessary and it should be better by tommorow.

Thrush sucks

It does :(
    Will it always come back on me?
  • Options
    Yes it is possible and he will give it back to you/bring it out more if it is what you have. DON'T HAVE SEX WHILE YOU HAVE THRUSH. Seriously. It HURTS LIKE A FUCKER AFTER. If you're in pain now, you will be worse later. Get sorted, get him sorted.

You may get it at times in life. Antibiotics can make you more susceptible to it, eg amoxycillin and penicillin.
  • Options

Is it possible that he has Thrush?

Yes its very possible you could just be passing it back and forth between you, although he would know if he had it.

He can treated with the same Canesten cream as you very easily with no drama.
  • Options
    i think the latest advice is that if the guy has no symptoms, he doesnt need to be treated, unless the thrush does keep recurring. For most women, it will be treated and then it wont come back (well, till the next time) even without the guy being treated.
  • Options
    I would make the guy use it aswel. I use to get thrush with my ex(boyfriend at the time) all the time until i made him use even though he had no symptoms.
    And after that I havnt had thrush again. Better to be cautious than not i think
  • Options
    Will it always come back on me?

Most people have thrush on their bodies but our immune system keeps it under control. But episodes of stress/depression/illness can lower your immune system letting it get the upper hand and become a problem.
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Yes its very possible you could just be passing it back and forth between you, although he would know if he had it.

He can treated with the same Canesten cream as you very easily with no drama.

How would he know if he had it? Itching?
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Most people have thrush on their bodies but our immune system keeps it under control. But episodes of stress/depression/illness can lower your immune system letting it get the upper hand and become a problem.

I think I've had an episode of stress :/
  • Options
    With Willy Thrush (sounds like a snooker player) itchy, tingly and usually red spots (sometimes raised) on the head of the cock.
  • Options
    How would he know if he had it? Itching?
    The whole thing about "having no symptoms" means that you have no way of knowing you have it.