Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Facebook requests from people from the past...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Over the last 2 weeks or so I've had about 4 or 5 requests from people from school who I either barely knew, didn't know at all or bullied me. One of them even sent me a message with a friend request despite never speaking once at school (I only knew he was from school because of mutual friends). I used to accept these requests (I think I actually deleted 2 of these people a while back when I had a clean out) but now I just decline because I don't see the point in having people who I don't know or hardly know anymore on there. They just add you because fb suggests it/they want to be nosey and then you never speak - people just seem to want to make themselves look popular. Just wondering what everyone else does?

Comments

• Options
    Ignore them, now. I used to add them but then I wondered why the hell I had people on my friends list who never even knew I existed in school.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Just wondering what everyone else does?

ignore them! I didn't like the bastards then and I don't like them now!
  • Options
    Another option is to create a separate filter list of people who you vaguely know but don't want to have anything to do with. You can control what information different groups of people see about you.
  • Options
    Yea if I dont know them or like them I ignore them. A while ago I went through my list and deleted everyone I dont talk to or have any interest in. Whats the point in adding them if you dont even like them?
  • Options
    Well, it gives you the chance to reconnect, or at least connect with them. I reckon it wouldn't be the first real friendship founded this way. Yea, you never really talked at school, but if there was no dislikeability between you, there is no reason not to be friends, be it on fb or in real like, with that person.
  • Options
    i got that, people who werent exactly nice to me at school trying to add me. cheek. deniiiiied
  • Options
    I sent them a message back asking why they wanted to be friends as they were such mean nasty bastards in the past :)
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    I sent them a message back asking why they wanted to be friends as they were such mean nasty bastards in the past :)

Haha ooooh im gonna do that
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    One person did that, but he's someone I was never sure about. Gave him a chance, he never said anything, deleted him.
    I also added someone from school once, because we used to be friends once and in the last year of school (years after the "fight") I got the impression he was regretting it. But no contact either, deleted him too.
  • Options
    I ignore now. I just did a big clean out, deleted 15 people. I don't talk to them, they don't talk to me. I don't like them etc.
  • Options
    Ohhh but what if the person who sent you the message had secretly harboured a crush on you from afar all these years and only now managed to pluck up the courage to message you!

I'd ignore people you dont' like though.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Ohhh but what if the person who sent you the message had secretly harboured a crush on you from afar all these years and only now managed to pluck up the courage to message you!

I'd ignore people you dont' like though.

I don't fancy him though :p that sounds so shallow!! But I never spoke to him before, and don't really have a reason to speak now. So I don't see the point. I'm so heartless lol.
  • Options
    I ignore now. I just did a big clean out, deleted 15 people. I don't talk to them, they don't talk to me. I don't like them etc.

i do this regularly :D:D
    the girl that bullied in middle school tried to add me 3 times in two months once, before she got the message!
  • Options
    same as most everyone else, i just ignore. My friend doesn't even look at her requests, i swear she has like 100 diff requests piled up (mostly things like mafia wars)
  • Options

spring-cleaning just got a new definition ;D
  • Options
    To give you guys an indication on how often I use FB - I just logged on and saw this :-)

Fbreq.png