Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cold remedies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I realise there are probs a few threads already on this, but I'm gonna ask anyways :p

I've woken up this morning feeling ROUGH. Breathing requires immense effort, and got a sore throat. So, I'm already on the lemsip, but I NEED to feel better. I had at least 7 hours sleep last night so I'm rested, and don't plan on going back to bed. I'm still mid exams, but my ones on monday/tuesday are the last really really important ones, and then I've just got French left. So I just need to hold out until tuesday lunchtime.

I realise there is no miracle cure, but any tips / random remedies that people swear by? I'm a bit desperate :rolleyes:

*crawls back to revision*

Comments

• Options
    Tea, Tea more tea and hot showers, and some more hot showers.

If you don't like tea then hot squash or whatever. Make sure you make it hot and get your head over the steam. Steaming your head is also good, but you can't do that continually like you can the tea.
  • Options
    I'm in the exact same position, choked with a cold mid exams. I recommend staying in bed to revise, and only getting up to get (as Scary suggested) to get warm drinks, those'll help your throat, and it should clear quicker if you stay hydrated.

I dont find it that helpful after a colds started but maybe give echinacea a shot, i works wonders for me if i start taking it when im at that "am i getting ill stage" but not so much if i take it once the sneezing and running rose are in full swing, but it might work.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

I'm sitting in bed, surrounded by books. Drinking loads, started to feel a bit sicky, so gonna stick to water until the feeling goes.

Hope you feel better soon Thief xxx