Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rash type thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A couple of days ago, a rash started to come up on my neck, now it's spread up to my shoulders and chest and face. It's red and blotchy and itchy, and it kind of feels like a lot of little bits of lumpy skin. I thought it might've been my cheap necklace, but then why would it be on my face?

I've taken antihistamine (sp?) and put some Benzedrol (I think) on it. It's stopped itching but it's all red and ugly, and I'm going out to dinner tonight so it's really annoying.

How can I get rid of it quickly?

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried having a shower? Preferably not with soap/shampoo, or at least only with stuff you've used lots before.

Often cooling a rash will help to reduce its anger, but unlikely to get rid of it completely.

Have you seen a doctor about it? If you've got an unexplained spreading rash its probably a good idea.

Red, blotchy and itchy sounds a lot like it could be an allergy, so more antihistamine and cream again could help.
  • Options
    Yeah, I had a shower, and I saw the nurse, the doctor's not available for ages.

I'm just pissed at it because my face and chest are looking horrible and there's only so much I can cover with my hair.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    Yeah, I had a shower, and I saw the nurse, the doctor's not available for ages.

I'm just pissed at it because my face and chest are looking horrible and there's only so much I can cover with my hair.

Are there any hard little white pimples on the lumpy skin? If so, it could be shingles - especially if you are stressed in any way and have previously had chicken pox. If it is, you could be contagious to anyone who hasn't had chicken pox and you will need an anti-viral to treat it. (Antihistamine or steroid cream wont touch it.)
  • Options
    Are there any hard little white pimples on the lumpy skin? If so, it could be shingles - especially if you are stressed in any way and have previously had chicken pox. If it is, you could be contagious to anyone who hasn't had chicken pox and you will need an anti-viral to treat it. (Antihistamine or steroid cream wont touch it.)

No little white bits, and I've never had chickenpox so I don't think it can be shingles?
  • Options
    Uggh, it's spread onto my cheeks and it's so red and itchy! I've taken some Pyriton and put more cream on it, but it's still horrible, and I keep scratching it :(
  • Options
    Try calamine lotion, it's very soothing, and they recommended it to me when I had a bad reaction to something once. Really works wonders.