Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Making a Life Change

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well,

I'm not really sure what I want to get out of this post, so I will just post everything.

So, I've spent the last year and half doing nothing. I've not worked, I've messed around in University (not really taking it serious) and I've just been living at home. I haven't been in a relationship in, god knows how long and I've put on quite a bit of weight.

I've been getting really depressed about how my life has been, and all of the friends I've gone to school with have gone on to bigger and better things in University out of province (Canada). I just hate being down, and I just want to make a big change.

I just don't know where to start. I just started a week ago, a new program, at a new college and I'm loving it so far. It's something I wish I had done two years ago.

I have a wight lifting bench, and some weights and a leg attachment which I can take advantage of, however I Just don't know where/how to start.

On top of all this, I met an amazing girl and we've been talking quite a lot the past while and I really enjoy the time I've spent talking with her.

Like I said, I don't know what to get out of this, just any advice in general would be great.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HeroTime wrote: »
    Well,

I have a wight lifting bench, and some weights and a leg attachment which I can take advantage of, however I Just don't know where/how to start.

On top of all this, I met an amazing girl and we've been talking quite a lot the past while and I really enjoy the time I've spent talking with her.

Like I said, I don't know what to get out of this, just any advice in general would be great.

Sounds like your already taking active steps to change.

For bench, you should be able to find some fitness guides online setting out how much and what types of exercises to start. Once you have a routine worked out, you'll find it much easier to get started and keep going - especially if you set some targets. Another option is to ask for advice at a local gym?

For girl, sounds like your doing well there!

Remember, while you may want to change your life you don't have to do everything at once or in a hurry. Change is easy. Commitment is hard!