Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Receding Hairline - Female Advice Needed:-)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I am a 24 year-old single male with a receding hairline and I am writing to seek female opinions on what I should do about it given that I have had brain surgery as a child and therefore have a scar all the way down the back of my head. Should I leave it to recede naturally, shave it off now thus exposing my surgical scar or cover it with a wig when the time comes? Do these large scars put females off?

Thanks,
Danny

Comments

• Options
    I'd shave it off, or cut it short.

I'm personally not bothered at all by stuff like scars. If anything, I think it could be a talking point and get you a bit more action! ;)
  • Options
    Scars wouldn't bother me either. We've all got scars somewhere.
  • Options
    Thank you all very much for your advice and support. It's always uplifting to hear from people that look at inner beauty more so than outer beauty as I have had all sorts of rude comments made behind my back following my second surgery, but just ignored them back then as I knew it was only temporary. Just in case you're curious, I uploaded a profile pic of myself. Feel free to comment on what sort of style you think would suit me! I'm no fashion or style expert...haha.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/48470490@N02/4442317632/
  • Options
    Well a short style would have another advantage too - sorting out people worth talking to from shallow arseholes :thumb:

I think you'd suit a really short do - maybe not shiny, shiny bald, but like a grade 1 or 2? You could always go even shorter if you like it.
  • Options
    Thanks for your opinion Kaff. I actually totally agree with you that a grade 1 or 2 would be best and and less maintenance than being shiny bald:-) Yes, it if helps sort those shallow people from those caring people at least I have a good genuine friend detector I can use!
  • Options
    You look lovely by the way, I like your smile :)

Never, ever even contemplate the wig option. Ridiculous. Same with combovers. They kid no one and make you a laughing stock. Better to make your peace with your baldness. Especially as most women aren't bothered by baldness at all, and a lot find shaved heads very attractive.

I agree with Kaff, and I don't think you should worry about the scar. Scars are cool, and give you character, and something to talk to people about. It wouldn't bother me at all.

Try just going a bit shorter for now, and see how you like it. I don't think it's urgent when you're receding. It's only when you start balding at the crown too that I think urgent measures are called for!
  • Options
    Hi Jamelia, thanks for your feedback. Not sure it's that clear in the picture, but I also have hair thinning on top and I need to always check for patches and I try to comb over them now whilst I can:-) Don't know how long that solution will last...haha.:)
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah, I reckon you should shave it. Don't worry about the scar. People might just surprise you.
  • Options
    Shaving it would be the best option.
  • Options
    As a guy, your hair looks fine! But if you want to shave it, go for it!

Also I'd say your smile is your best feature!
  • Options
    Thanks for your opinions and advice :-)

Have decided to take action in the coming days....
  • Options
    Please post a pic when it's done and we can give you more compliments hehe.
  • Options
    I will post a pic, but we'll have to wait and see whether or not it's worthy of any compliments :-)
  • Options
    Thanks again to everyone for your advice and opinions. They were of great value :-)

I got my hair cut really short today. I have posted a pic, albeit not a very good one, but it's from my webcam.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48470490@N02/
  • Options
    Thanks again to everyone for your advice and opinions. They were of great value :-)

I got my hair cut really short today. I have posted a pic, albeit not a very good one, but it's from my webcam.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48470490@N02/

Looks good :)
  • Options
    tick