Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jaw Pain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right i've been to the docs and they said its most likely a problem with my TMJ, so they gave me ibuprofen gel. Basically i'm looking for wee tips to stop it hurting quite so much, i'm using the gel and taking painkillers, but what else can i do? Its so difficult to eat, even yawning is pretty sore, so anything to reduce the pain would be brilliant

Comments

• Options
    Emma_REmma_R Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    hello :wave:

Have you seen this: http://www.ehow.com/how_2352238_cure-tmj-jaw-exercises.html

Being as this is the internet at all obviously it's no substitute for seeing the Dr is symptoms persist, but I'm sure you know that.

Good luck. Not being able to eat = my worst nightmare!
  • Options
    oooh thanks for those, bookmarked them for future. Luckily it only flared up sunday and yesterday, it still feels a little tight, but no longer painful so i cant complain
  • Options
    all my teeth hurt when i have my jaw closed to hard has i automatically thighten i jaw and then i can't even eat and also maybe thats why your jaws hurting i'm glad you got shut of the pain