Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

girlzz sports boyzz sports

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Boys and girls activities in sports
Are there certain sports that the male species should do compared to the female species.
Ok I'm a girl who likes football the only girl on this football team.

My mates don't want to hang around with me because I play football and the uniform is horrible.

My mates said I should be playingsorts such as basket ball and net ball whick are girls sports.

But I don't really see why I can't play football support a football team because I am a girl this is very confuseing to me

what makes a boys sports and what makes a girls sport?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Can you please clarify, I can barely read a word of that.
  • Options
    nw

now try reading it
  • Options
    wouldn't say basketball was a 'girls'' sport
    if you think about it so-called girls' sports generally don't involve much actual exercise ie. netball and rounders.
  • Options
    hollyboo19 wrote: »
    Boys and girls activities in sports
    Are there certain sports that the male species should do compared to the female species.
    Ok I'm a girl who likes football the only girl on this football team.

My mates don't want to hang around with me because I play football and the uniform is horrible.

My mates said I should be playingsorts such as basket ball and net ball whick are girls sports.

But I don't really see why I can't play football support a football team because I am a girl this is very confuseing to me

what makes a boys sports and what makes a girls sport?

What team do you play for, as far as im aware there isnt allowed to be organised teams that are of mixed sex? Unless things have changed in recent years?
  • Options
    If you are below year 8 then you can be on a mixed football team, above that you can't. I stopped playing football for that reason, I much prefer playing football with boys... But, there are some great girls clubs out there.
    I don't really think there is such a thing as a girls sport and a boys sport, there might be separate tournament etc (due to boys generally being stronger and more rough than girls, and girls often being smaller and not so strong)
    Xx
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    What team do you play for, as far as im aware there isnt allowed to be organised teams that are of mixed sex? Unless things have changed in recent years?

well I play on a mixed team of 11-12 year olds in west kirby but im thee only girl so all the boys r mkein fun of me nd my m8 dnt wnt to b wid me if im playin footie with guys they sed im supposed 2 sit nd stare at them.
  • Options
    well I play on a mixed team of 11-12 year olds in west kirby but im thee only girl so all the boys r mkein fun of me nd my m8 dnt wnt to b wid me if im playin footie with guys they sed im supposed 2 sit nd stare at them.
    West Kirby on The Wirral?
  • Options

You're supposed to sit and stare at them?! :D
    She's a bit of a crap friend if she's making fun of you for playing with boys.
    This is uber-patronising but when you get a bit older, nobody cares if you play football with boys at all. Having a social circle that's only girls is generally weirder.
    Don't take whatever the guys on your team say personally, and just laugh along.
  • Options
    I play rugby and I love it :) And you can't really get another sport further from 'girly' than that.

And anyway... Girls' football is one of the largest growing sports out there. I've played for 2 clubs in my area, and they do exist! And at actual clubs... (compared to at school) there will be girls who are just like you, and you may just find that its OK playing with them!
  • Options
    I used to play netball at school. I wasn't great at it but used to get picked to be goal shooter because I was the tallest
  • Options
    I guess the more physical a game gets, then generally, they will be male-dominated, especially during adolescence.

That said, I know several girls who I would not fancy facing on the rugby field. Horses for courses I guess.
  • Options
    and then there's darts
  • Options
    Which really isn't a sport at all. Evident by the fact that most of the best darts players are really, really fat, probably having gotten good at darts by spending several decades in the pub.