Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just had a date and unsure...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I had a date earlier, we met online, have spoken on the phone and text alot before meeting. We met up today, he seems what I am looking for but never stopped talking about himself and he is a little over weight (not a big issue).

I didn't get a buzz when I saw him, although we never stopped talking, but I didn't feel a connection in terms of a potential partner.

Should I give it more time or are signs of doubt a bad sign to go forward?

Thanks in advance, im new to dating, haven't really been bothered about a relationship up until now.

Im 21 and female btw.

Comments

• Options
    I don't think you should completely cut off all contact until you know each other better, it isn't all about looks but I know for most people they do play a part.
    Maybe meet up again, see how it goes, but on a more casual level? I'd say, keep looking at your other options too, but it does sound like it went really well.
    Xx
  • Options
    He could have just been babbling due to nerves.
  • Options
    I would say give it another couple ot meets. Might be different the next time. But if theres no connection or spark there, not to worry. Onto the next (i wish i could take my own advice ha :p )
  • Options
    If this was the book of many faces, I would 'like' this post. :D