Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Heart disaese ASD

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If i dont ask for advice my head is gonna explode :banghead: My baby cousin has been diagones with heard disase ASD (hole in the heart) and its a very large hole so the doctor said they they've got to do an opertion in September :crying: and i'm terrified about it incase they say it went wrong :crying:.

I know shes got to have it because shes only 14 pounds but she never stops smiling :) shes on medication till the operation and shes having breathing problems too but thatas normal and when she has the op the breathing problems will go away.

Ive never loved anyone as much as her and when i see her i want to cry because she doesnt have a clue whats happening :crying: its so not fair on her.

but when its done she'll be okay and have a strong heart againcan anyone give any advice on heart problems and how long will the opertion take ect,

thank you so much for any advice :):):) xxx

Comments

• Options
    I think it's quite a common thing and many operations are done and babies end up being ok after it. I do hope everything goes ok xx.
  • Options
    Might be worth taking a look at this NHS website about children with this condition.

Also, if you want to talk to someone about it, the British Heart Foundation are pretty good.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I think it's quite a common thing and many operations are done and babies end up being ok after it. I do hope everything goes ok xx.

:yes: I do know someone whose son had the same condition and he's fine now.