Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scar Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know how to help self harm scars heal quicker? After a month the ones on my arms are still quite pink, although fair enough they are on top of quite a lot of scar tissue. They are open scars, not raised ones but im really self conscious of them. i wont be cutting on my arms again, so any scar treatments would be helpful :)
And btw, i know about Bio Oil and all that type of thing.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Have you checked out the advice on this page? May be of some use?

:)
  • Options
    Yay that you wont be cutting on your arms again :):) so happy for you x
    all i can say is dont put makeup on them (made that mistake myself) x
  • Options
    Bio oil you gotta use for a few months at least. A scar will reach it's final shade/shape etc after two years I think. So, just leave it a while. Time is the best healer :)
    And, yes like Megan said, you can get make up for it. I think I started a thread on it last year, if I find the link I'll post it for you.
    Xx
  • Options
    Hey there iamnotarobot :wave:

as Broken-Angel said Bio Oil or similar products have to be used over quite a long period of time to see effects. If your scars are still pink now is the time to start using something though, the newer the scar the better the results will be long term.

Also be sure to check out the link psted earlier too :heart: