Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Foot/toe cramp

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH sorry if I've posted this before...
Right. I get really and I mean REALLY painful cramp in my toes and sometimes my feet. Like, my little toe and the one next to it will stick together and you can't even pull them apart. They wont move or anything. It just comes randomly, without warning. I'll get it when (like now) sitting on the sofa, or I'll get it when I'm in school, doing exercise, anywhere anytime. So, it's not triggered by a certain position or anything.
My dad gets it too (thanks, dad, for all these WONDERFUL illnesses.) but doesn't know why or how to cure it.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Xx

Comments

• Options
    You can get cramp due to dehydration and sodium levels at times...we have patients who suffer really bad! Also over exercising and straining the area plus poor circulation doesn't help it either. Go to the Dr's and they can give you medication that can help relieve it if you get it frequaently and severly :)

Massaging it can help to relieve the symptoms also Quinnin (sp?!) which can be in tonic water helps too!
  • Options
    Thank you :) Is sodium salt? sorry to sound stupid :p Bunked one too many science lessons me thinks xD
    Xx
  • Options
    Thank you :) Is sodium salt? sorry to sound stupid :p Bunked one too many science lessons me thinks xD
    Xx

Yeah...linked with dehydration your levels can get a bit off. But essentially try to drink plenty and don't over strain the area when exercising. I get it often even if I'm just sat there and move my foot/leg funny :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Thanks :) *puts down Pepsi and gets some water* I wont be eating spoonfuls of salt anytime soon though. :yuck: haha!!
    I think I might go to the doctor, because it gets so bad I can't actually move. Stupid toes.
    Xx
  • Options
    I've been getting this alot over the past week as well. It usually happens in and out but it has been happening loads and it's been hard to make it go away! Usually by exerting pressure on the toes which are cramping up it makes it stop but that hasn't helped. Thinking about it I have been feeling dehydrated lately- not been drinking as much as normal (and I don't normally drink much!) :chin: