Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

couples with open relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am looking for a couple to discuss open relationships. My husband is wanting us to have one so I am trying find others to discuss and figure this out

Comments

• Options
    I am away and respond ASAP
  • Options
    Hi Blue Angel, just to make it clear - this is primarily a website for young people to discuss issues they are going through in a safe and secure environment.

If you'd like to discuss the implications of this request then you might want to post in the relationships board - but do be aware that this wouldn't be a website where you could actually look for people who want to be involved in an open relationship :)
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Hi Blue Angel, just to make it clear - this is primarily a website for young people to discuss issues they are going through in a safe and secure environment.

If you'd like to discuss the implications of this request then you might want to post in the relationships board - but do be aware that this wouldn't be a website where you could actually look for people who want to be involved in an open relationship :)
    Hi JimV moderator. It isnt immediately obvious that this is the only audience to which this site is geared. I have auditioned my first post with you guys the mods and I too did not realise that this is a website only for young people to talk through what they are going through. Maybe on the banner, you could write, prominantly "This is primarily a website for young people to discuss issues they are going through in a safe and secure environment."
    because simply saying "Your guide to the real world" is vague. Dont mean to get into a fight with a mod, but there are a lot of well meaning people like myself and the OP who could be forgiven for not realising.
  • Options
    If you took the time to read the fixed "sticky" posts at the top of each area, which have titles which make it blatently obvious that they are guides and rules for this place, they make it pretty clear.
  • Options
    Yeah, there isn't a need to post about how it isn't made clear...
    A) Read the stickys
    B) Read other people threads to see what they're about
    C) PM a mod if you really need to

I remember when I joined in June I think, and I spent ages worrying about what I should and shouldn't post... So I read all the stickys and a load of threads. Don't make a judgment so quickly, it'll get you nowhere.
    Xx
  • Options
    A note in the site rules you agree too when you register might not be a bad idea though, reminding people of the focus
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    A note in the site rules you agree too when you register might not be a bad idea though, reminding people of the focus

Yeah, I think we may look at that