Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Chinese food

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So does anyone know any ood chinese dishes I should look out for when im here? I dont like to much spice keep in mind!:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Hong Shao Rou.
  • Options
    Stuffed pumpkin flowers :yum:
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote: »
    Hong Shao Rou.

whats in it??
  • Options
    Pork belly, star anise, soy sauce, sugar, MSG and other stuff :yum:
  • Options
    Jingjiang rousi

pork mince, a sweet dark sauce and shredded onion n potato
  • Options
    man I'm usually a bit weary about foreign food, but I ordered chinese in with a few guys at a lan party and it was crispy chicken and a huge box of rice and a garlic sauce. Man it was so tasty I practially gorged it down like stephen king's langoliers.
  • Options
    i love crispy beef in peking sauce :D chinese food rocks.
  • Options
    Jingjiang rousi

pork mince, a sweet dark sauce and shredded onion n potato

Oooh that sounds like just my thing... how do you say it though!?

Jing-Jang Roo-See ?
  • Options
    The thing is, Chinese food in China is very different to the Chinese food that we get in takeaways and restaurants in the UK.
    I've never been to China (would love to though), but I was in Singapore where most of the population are Chinese and most of the food, though still delicious, was very different to the usual stuff you'd eat over here.
    I had something called Chilli Crab... it is literally how it sounds, an entire crab with chillis and noodles in a sauce. :D
  • Options
    Yeah the food here is so different to the chinese food back home! Im not a big fan of spice!(wrong country to be in) so am finding it quite difficult to find things I like.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    The thing is, Chinese food in China is very different to the Chinese food that we get in takeaways and restaurants in the UK.
    I've never been to China (would love to though), but I was in Singapore where most of the population are Chinese and most of the food, though still delicious, was very different to the usual stuff you'd eat over here.
    I had something called Chilli Crab... it is literally how it sounds, an entire crab with chillis and noodles in a sauce. :D

Chilli crab is amazing! :yum: They serve it at HK Diner on Wardour Street - popular place with Expats. :)