Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My friend and suicide

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My depression has come back. It appears to come & go. Over the last few weeks, it's been managable. (despite it being made worse by a comment from a friend)

We argued last night (my friend has been weird with me since I told him he upset me - although he was fine on Tuesday) and I stupidly said something suicide related to him. He called the police who had a chat with me.

I am now slightly worried - one of the girls I live with, knows him too and the police talked to her. (she doesn't know about the issues him & I are having)

I have no idea what I'm meant to do now. I got told by the police I had to phone him and tell him I was ok - he wasn't happy to talk to me at all. I have no idea where him & I go from here.

I have spoken to the girls I live with, who told me what the police said. The girls are being ok with me. We had a quick chat earlier about how I am and that's it.

Comments

• Options
    It might be a case of waiting to see what happens Melian. Really sorry to hear you got into an arguement.

It's good to know that despite some of the problems the girls you live with are being understanding.

I guess the main thing right now might be to think how you'd like the situation with him to resolve. Do you want to be friends with him? Is he still making you uncomfortable and this caused the arguement?

I don't think there's a right or wrong thing to do or anything you're 'meant' to do - but if people had a sense of what you'd like to happen then it might help them give you some advice or support getting there.
  • Options
    Thanks Jim. I would like to stay friends with him; but I am really not sure. I have been advised to just leave him for a few days and then try to talk to him.
  • Options
    Yeah, that sounds like it might be the best thing for now. Hope it works out okay :)
  • Options
    He emailed me last night (because I asked him how to do something, if it was possible) but he is still refusing to tell me what happens now with us. :(
  • Options
    We talked last night and have sent each other a couple of emails:

He informed me that he's told my dad (they don't know each other - he found his name via his Facebook group) and that I've got to talk to my dad and get help.

I've not heard from my dad yet; nor has my friend. I am hoping he's going to phone on Sunday and I can talk to him then.

He said we now have to talk and decide where we go from here.
  • Options
    I have now informed my parents and my friend has requested that he talks to them too - he says we (my parents, him & I) need to decide where we go from here. My parents are aware that he wants to talk to them.