Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Food poisoning?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Soa yeah, I ate a pizza last night, and I thoguht that the meat tasted a bit fatty, and about 10 minutes after eating it, i started feeling really ill. Ive now spent the last 24 hours straight throwing up, and having chills. Do you reckon food poisoning or my body just not liking the richness of the meat?

Comments

• Options
    It certainly sounds like it could be something more serious than simply reacting to the richness of the food. It certainly sounds similar to how I've been when I've had something that turned out to be bad.

The NHS has a really good section on food posioning here -
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Food-poisoning/Pages/Introduction.aspx

so maybe worth looking over. Also worth speaking to your GP or NHS Direct (on 0845 46 47), not sure there is a lot they will be able to do at this stage but it could be important they are aware of the situation. It's also worth noting that if it was the pizza and it was a takeaway then it's good to let them know - if there's a problem in the kitchen they'll be keeping records of people reporting problems and will be able to avoid anyone else eating something bad.

Hope you feel better soon :)
  • Options
    Sounds like there is more going on, only thing is that 10 mins is a bit quick for food poisoning.

Is it possible it's just a coincidence and you've got a bug?

If it's definitely the food, Jim's right, it's a good idea to report it.
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    Sounds like there is more going on, only thing is that 10 mins is a bit quick for food poisoning.

Is it possible it's just a coincidence and you've got a bug?

If it's definitely the food, Jim's right, it's a good idea to report it.

I was going to say, deffo to to the docs incase it is, they'll take a stool sample and can even trace back to what caused the posioning if it is food poisioning.

However it does sound quick, from what I remember I always though food posioning takes about 24hours to kick in fully?
  • Options
    T'was food poisoning, mixed with a 24 hour bug, and my body not liking the amount of fat that came in the meat as my diet has gone somewhat vegatable at home, so, called up the place, and they're getting it delt with and i got a full refund, plus a discount on my next purchase XD
  • Options
    bio haz wrote: »
    T'was food poisoning, mixed with a 24 hour bug, and my body not liking the amount of fat that came in the meat as my diet has gone somewhat vegatable at home, so, called up the place, and they're getting it delt with and i got a full refund, plus a discount on my next purchase XD

Result :)