Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

happy thoughts thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It isn't a dig at anyone, but I've noticed a lot of people are feeling really down right now. It's really disheartening to see so many threads where people are thinking about taking their own life, especially when it's evident on here that they are so compassionate and kind towards other people. I hope soon that they feel able to turn even just a little bit of that compassion and kindness around onto themselves. I know how rough it can be and I hope whenever someone is going through a rough time that they feel they can post on thesite.

(mush over)

I stole this idea from a self-harm website but (and tell me if it's naff) we could post some youtube links or jokes or whatever that cheer us up throughout the day? I just thought it might be beneficial to those that are feeling a bit vulnerable right now to have a thread to turn to that they know has some things to take their mind off of how they are feeling..even for a little bit.

please add any thoughts/ jokes/ links or tell me how cheesy i am for doing this :blush:

here is a link to a video i found of a VERY cute kittie vs cardboard box, it's hilarious and gave me the hiccups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdhLQCYQ-nQ

edited to add: i REALLY didnt mean this to be patronising. just thought it may be helpful to have a thread to go onto when you're feeling low. i sometimes feel really down and thesite have been there for me.

Comments