Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Struggling with having orgasm!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone. I need some help ,
I went on anti depressants about two months ago and I just can't seem to orgasm in sex anymore since being on them! I don't know if it's in my head because one of the side effects to the pills is a low sexual performance.......how long will this side effect take to go away?!! I know i shud probably go to the doctors but they may change my perscription and it took forever to get the pills in the first place and can't bare going through all that waiting again.

some advise needed please , thankyou guys:)

Comments

• Options
    There was a program on Radio4 about 6 weeks ago discussing this, but I didn't pay much attention.

The gist of it was you should tell your doctor. But I don't remember what the outcome would be.
  • Options
    Is it possible that your problem is down to the depression rather than the drug? Isnt the loss of sex drive one of the things associated with depresion. I think it normally says on the leaflet in the box how long side effects should last and when you should see your doctor. As with all things medical though i guess you really should just ask your gp.
    It would be rather ironic if anti depressants stopped you from having an orgasam as im sure it is the one thing guarented to put a smile on most peoples faces :thumb:
  • Options
    I couldn't orgasm when i was on antidrepressants, think it's a side effect.
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Is it possible that your problem is down to the depression rather than the drug? Isnt the loss of sex drive one of the things associated with depresion.

Sex drive is wanting to have sex (and anti depressants hit that as well), Sexual performance is getting ready and getting off.
  • Options
    yeh I had depression before I started taking the pills and I could orgasm then, i just seemed to stop cuming as soon as I started taking them.....I don't know if it's all in my head though :confused:

I seem to be happier aswell which doesn't make sense!! ahhhhh! can't hold on much longer guys haha!

xx
  • Options
    you should really notify ur doctor about any side effects, he/she might just add a counter pill or change the doage, but if u do find it a problem than im guessing u will want diff. medication that doesnt effect that. my sister was on anti-depressants and bi-polar medicaation. when it comes to the mind, theyre pretty much playing a trial and error game with what they give you and it will take a while to get it right unfortunately.