Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Overpowering/well meaning uncle

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so some of you may remember that i am transgendered and am just starting to live more and more as Louise amd this means of course introducing her to family and friends this has it ups and downs as you can imagine. One aunt and uncle in particular have been fantastic very accepting and open and my aunt is always buying me fab things whenever she ses me to be honest i think we get along much better now they both go out of their way to treat me like a niece and i really am greatful.
But i am not sure about my uncle i think he is well meaning but i find him a little over the top sometimes, he always gives me a big cuddle both arms around me a big squeeze followed by a kiss on the check which feels strange to me he calls me "love" now as well lol, do other girls find some male relatives slighty creepy and is it me and do they always seem to feel your bra starps when the cuddle you or am i being paranoid.
Its prob just me i guess i have a lot of things and situations to get used to and it will take time before they all feel natural.
I dont mean to make him sound slimey i guess he is being genuine its just all diffrent for me i just wonderd about other girls experiances.
Its an amazing thing when you see life from the other point of view the thins you notice and pick up on that i never paid attention to before like the way girls check out your clothes and boys are always staring i mean do they think we dont notice?

Comments

• Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Ok so some of you may remember that i am transgendered and am just starting to live more and more as Louise amd this means of course introducing her to family and friends this has it ups and downs as you can imagine. One aunt and uncle in particular have been fantastic very accepting and open and my aunt is always buying me fab things whenever she ses me to be honest i think we get along much better now they both go out of their way to treat me like a niece and i really am greatful.
    But i am not sure about my uncle i think he is well meaning but i find him a little over the top sometimes, he always gives me a big cuddle both arms around me a big squeeze followed by a kiss on the check which feels strange to me he calls me "love" now as well lol, do other girls find some male relatives slighty creepy and is it me and do they always seem to feel your bra starps when the cuddle you or am i being paranoid.
    Its prob just me i guess i have a lot of things and situations to get used to and it will take time before they all feel natural.
    I dont mean to make him sound slimey i guess he is being genuine its just all diffrent for me i just wonderd about other girls experiances.
    Its an amazing thing when you see life from the other point of view the thins you notice and pick up on that i never paid attention to before like the way girls check out your clothes and boys are always staring i mean do they think we dont notice?

Do you see him often? or not much, I mean ignoring the fact your transgendered (I mean this in no disrespect) but going on the fact on how a uncle would treat a niece when he sees her this isn't totally odd, in my opinion.

A hug, kiss and calling someone love. nothing new there if I am honest. I can understand your concerns. Obviously this type of interaction is new to you as you have just come out, but put it this way, have you ever given your aunt a hug and a kiss?

I don't think it seems like he is being slimy and I think it is a case, as you said of getting use to it.

It sounds like your family are being very supportive over the situation.
  • Options
    I think you need to give your uncle the benefit of the doubt. This is all very new to him too and this has possibly has forced him to re-evaluate his own prejudices, if he had any. It sounds like he is desperately trying to be the supportive uncle that you want him to be. You want to be treated like the girl that you are, so try and avoid being the self concious 'boy'. :)

I know I often accidentally feel the bra strap of a girl I'm hugging but that's because it's just in the place where I want to caress her back.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I think you need to give your uncle the benefit of the doubt. This is all very new to him too and this has possibly has forced him to re-evaluate his own prejudices, if he had any. It sounds like he is desperately trying to be the supportive uncle that you want him to be. You want to be treated like the girl that you are, so try and avoid being the self concious 'boy'. :)

I know I often accidentally feel the bra strap of a girl I'm hugging but that's because it's just in the place where I want to caress her back.

Thanks Teagan your right i see that now, i am being self concious, i must relax and enjoy being "me"