Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm so worried :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some time ago now a freckle on my leg changes to have darker bit and not a good shape. I didn't really think toooo much of it at the time stupidly.
Now for some reason last night it was playing on my mind lots and lots and now i am convinced its skin cancer and that it will be too late as i left it too long:crying: .

Why am i so fucking stupid, why didn't i go when i first noticed it.

I have the docs later today and i am so worried. Is there a chance it could be nothing? Why would it change if it was something less serious?

Comments

• Options
    Hey Tweety - what time are you off to the doctors? Try not to spend from now until then worrying about what they might say as it wont do you any good. Maybe head out for a walk or listen to some upbeat music that you really like or call up a friend and have a chat? It may well be nothing to worry about!

Freckles and moles are funny things and if there's been a bit of a change recently then it's really great that you're getting it checked out. We're all guilty of putting these things off sometimes, it doesn't mean you're stupid at all. The main thing is that whatever happens you're doing exactly the right thing by going to the doctor and they will be able to put your mind at rest.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)
  • Options
    Try not to worry, and good luck with the appointment.
  • Options
    2.50pm is my appointment and its not a recent change which is why i am so stupid!
  • Options
    Hope appointment went ok and doctor was helpful.

If its any comfort then I've been a couple of times over the years about moles that changed that I didn't do anything over the time and then got nagged by friends and its always been fine.
  • Options
    Well my doc said hes very confident that its nothing to worry about. He said i could have it removed if i wanted but he didn't feel it was nessesary, said to get it checked again in 6 months to see if its changed.

Thank f for that :)
  • Options
    Glad it's nothing to worry about :)

Always best to check with moles! A few of mine have done some funny things, but thankfully always harmless.
  • Options
    Yeah i am very glad i got it checked out :)