Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i'm ALWAYS hungry

i really don't know whats wrong with me.

i always seem to be hungry despite the fact i eat all day! i'm never full! its like i'm pregnant or something (but i'm not!).

does anyone else have this problem? its really annoying. i'm starving all the time and i'm constantly thinking about food :banghead: my stomach is always rumbling too which is REALLY embarassing.

does anyone know of any ways i could suppress my appetite? its actually ridiculous.

eta: i eat healthy foods and go for filling stuff such as wholemeal bread, wholewheat pasta, etc and i drink lots of water!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's probably because you have such an active job! I would be munching all day long if I had your job.
  • Options
    shreddies! keeps hunger locked up till lunch
  • Options
    im like this at the moment. I think its cos my period is due next week. Im always super hungry the week before, and it really stresses me out
  • Options
    It's probably because you have such an active job! I would be munching all day long if I had your job.

i'm always hungrier when i'm at home though which is weird!!! at work, i'm kept busy and alot of the time, just have to grab something when i can. when i'm at home, its like i'm on a constant binge! im always hungry. i've spent the past two days at home and i haven't stopped eating. i ate some toast about 20 mins ago now as a snack and guess what? i'm hungry again! argh!
  • Options
    Sammee to the all-day hunger. Make a little routine (like... I have breakfast really early, then my crisps between P1 and P2 at school ((like 10:05)) and then lunch is 1:30) You know?
    And also, drink more water :) I find chewing gum can help too, but it makes some people more hungry.
    Xx
  • Options
    I am always hungry as well its really annoying and if I leave it too long between meals then i get stomach ache gahaah. At the moment i'm breastfeeding so i'm loosing weight but my hunger is worse than ever and i can never think of enough healthy snacks that you can make with just one hand whilst holding a baby in the other so i eat far to many biscuits - grrrr
  • Options
    ha, breastfeeding burns up to 500 cals per day (or so thats what the radio tells me everyday when i'm driving to work, haha!) so you are allowed some biscuits ;)

broken_angel - chewing gum makes my hunger worse and the sounds that come from my stomach get louder, lol.
  • Options
    I was soooooo hungry when breastfeeding. You use up a ridiculous amount of calories
  • Options
    Are you drinking enough? I've got the same problem too.
  • Options
    i drink plenty of water.
  • Options
    blah i've just seen what you've eaten today, it isnt loads! it's all really healthy foods tho, maybe you need a sugar fix? i agree that your job is really active so you probably need more fuel :) i know you worry about overeating but if your belly is rumbling it seems like you need more fuel for it because you must just be burning it all up through your work
  • Options
    blah i've just seen what you've eaten today, it isnt loads! it's all really healthy foods tho, maybe you need a sugar fix? i agree that your job is really active so you probably need more fuel :) i know you worry about overeating but if your belly is rumbling it seems like you need more fuel for it because you must just be burning it all up through your work

All this.
  • Options
    I always hungry too, i drink a lot of water but i find diluted juice fills me up more.
  • Options
    I always hungry too, i drink a lot of water but i find diluted juice fills me up more.

i'm not really surprised if you live off sweets and crisps :p i say that because i can eat so many crisps and sweets because they don't fill me up. thats why i avoid it all!

geneve - yeah, i'm sure, lol :)
  • Options
    i'm not really surprised if you live off sweets and crisps :p i say that because i can eat so many crisps and sweets because they don't fill me up. thats why i avoid it all!

haha i know! i really should stop it, but crisps are the one thing i can't say no to lol i'm such a wee fatty when it comes to them
  • Options
    ha, when i was at university, i used to live off crisps. i used to buy multipacks of them and literally get through them in a few days. this is why i don't buy crisps anymore because i will just sit there and eat them. same with chocolate, sweets and anything else nice tasting! :yeees:
  • Options

oi :)
  • Options
    ha, when i was at university, i used to live off crisps. i used to buy multipacks of them and literally get through them in a few days. this is why i don't buy crisps anymore because i will just sit there and eat them. same with chocolate, sweets and anything else nice tasting! :yeees:

hehe crisps is one of the things i plan to give up, may start tomorrow ;) i'm not too big on chocolate, but little sweets omnomnom lol
  • Options
    haha, oh sorry!

yeah, i could probably get away with eating a bit more but tbh, when i'm at work i don't get time. i eat more when i'm at home. the hunger tends to affect me then...not sure why.

as for sugar, what do you mean by a sugar fix? i eat lots of fruit with sugar in or do you mean something like chocolate?

i'm trying to not eat chocolate at the minute. i gave it up for lent but i have cheated slightly on several occasions lol! oops!
  • Options
    haha, oh sorry!

yeah, i could probably get away with eating a bit more but tbh, when i'm at work i don't get time. i eat more when i'm at home. the hunger tends to affect me then...not sure why.

as for sugar, by a sugar fix? i eat lots of fruit with sugar in or do you mean something like chocolate?

i'm trying to not eat chocolate at the minute. i gave it up for lent but i have cheated slightly on several occasions lol! oops!

is it poss to take things to work like a banana? my mum always tells me to do that when i dont have time to eat. that is also her answer to all of life's problems too...'av a banana' :p

yeah something sugary as in a treat every now and then. sometimes it's good to give in to these prime-ordial urges :D the magnum girls on tv inspire me
  • Options
    blah i've just seen what you've eaten today, it isnt loads!

:yes:

If I walked around all day and that's all I'd eaten, I think I'd collapse. And I'm talking pre-baby. These days I could probably do all that for breakfast and then be hungry again 20 minutes later.

Can't you sneak some snacks in your work jacket? Something like nuts would be good - filling, healthy and not messy.
  • Options
    That's less than I eat in a day, I've got a sedentary job, and I'm losing weight at a faster rate than I'm comfortable with.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    That's less than I eat in a day, I've got a sedentary job, and I'm losing weight at a faster rate than I'm comfortable with.

well, i've lost well over a stone since starting my new job (which is very active) but my weight has been pretty much the same for a few months now so i'm obviously eating the right amount of food for my weight/height as its not changing.
  • Options
    to those asking about sneaking snacks into my jacket, well, i could do. the problem i'd have is actually getting it out and eating it without anybody seeing me :p i'd be in trouble if i was caught eating or drinking out in public!
  • Options
    well, i've lost well over a stone since starting my new job (which is very active) but my weight has been pretty much the same for a few months now so i'm obviously eating the right amount of food for my weight/height as its not changing.

not neccessarily - you could be eating enough to maintain your weight by running your metabolism low, which isn't the same thing.
  • Options
    I got a mate who plays hockey once a week and trains hockey once a week (so that's 2 games per week), and he reckons that he consumes 3500 cal per day. He is aged 56, 5' 6" in height and 11 stones in weight. He is super fit.