Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

need advice for wee sister

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my wee sister broke up with her bf she was going with him over a year they both stopped cuase they were not seening each other enough and he was her 1st love so she really upset about it so i just wanna help her

i know if she crys it out it helps and been out with friends help but i wanna help her to dont like seen her like this cuase she is abit depressed

so any advice thanks

Comments

• Options
    She's just gonna have to get through it on her own terms, but remind her that all the stuff that made her break this off is going to be stuff that'll make her standards for the next lad a bit higher, thus a better relationship.

But random jaunts out help as do flowers and Haribo starmix :)
  • Options
    It's really great that you're looking out for your sister mclovin. First love break-ups can feel like your whole life is over and it's totally understandable that she's feeling really rotten right now :( Sometimes you just have to let yourself feel the pain of the break-up and accept that feeling miserable is part of the healing process. It's no fun and of course it's tough for you to see your sister so sad.

A good release might be to watch a tear-jerker movie together, might not seem like a great idea but it can prompt a good old cry which like you say is sometimes exactly what you need! Reassuring her that it's not her fault and that sometimes the timing just isn't right, it doesn't mean that the relationship was a waste of time and she can still be happy about the good times they had together.

Other than that, maybe you could treat her to a few things like 1983 suggested, just little gestures to let her know you care about her and just trying to rebuild her confidence and get her thinking positively again.

You mentioned having a good cry and being out with her friends helps - days out and distractions may only seem temporary but when time is the only real healer it's good to keep busy! Even if it takes her mind of the ex for an hour or two, gradually that length of time will increase and she'll start being happy on her own again.

Good luck, I hope she starts to feel better soon :)