Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Under water

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heyy,
sorry I'm posting a lot of threads about self harm and stuff recently! I was just wondering, why do you bleed more under water? And also, at what point is it you need stitches? I think it's when you can see the white bits isn't it? But I can't remember.
Thank you!!
Xx

Comments

• Options
    It's only hot water and it's because it stops the blood from clotting. Cold water won't do that, but running water probably won't help.

And if you think you need stitches I would go and see about getting some. Nobody can tell you if you need them or not unless they've seen them.
  • Options
    Yea, I ment like when you get in a bath and your bleeding.
    Xx
  • Options
    Because if the water is hotter than your blood then your blood can't clot, which means you just keep bleeding.

JSYK, I'm not suggesting you do this AT ALL, I'm just explaining why it happens. B-A I think you need to get some help. I don't mean that in a horrible way but I'm quite worried about you. PM me if you need someone to talk to, I'm going to be about all night. xx