Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hope this helps people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been unwell at university and was in hospital. Since leaving university I've got involved with my local MIND and learned a lot by doing courses, speaking to others, joining groups.

These are the 5 principles of recovery they use there :

Hopefulness - there are many ways to improve our quality of life, improve our self-esteem and just get on with our lives, even if we continue to have distressing experiences.

Personal Responsibility - each of us is an expert by our own experience and can take greater control of our journey from now on.

Learning - gaining knowledge about our distress, our conditions and ways in which we can cope, thrive and grow is vital.

Self Advocacy - getting the confidence and learning the skills of how to tell others what we want is important.

Support - we all need the support of others to get better and we all have ideas, wisdom and support to offer to others ourselves. Supporting one another is a key foundation for Recovery.

I hope this helps people.

Comments