Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Metformin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone have any experience of this? My weight control with my PCOS is getting unmanagable (lets just saying my size 18 stuff doenst fit anymore and I look five months pregnant as most of my excess weight sits on my waistline/stomach.

I want something thats going to help in the short term (6-12 months) while I get myself onto a proper GI diet/exercise routine etc.

Comments

• Options
    It helped get my blood sugar under control, but it increases your bodies ability to deposit fat
  • Options
    It helped me lose weight, but it took a long time.
  • Options
    It does help with weight lose but its usally given to diabetics i think, so i guess it goes hand in hand with a healthier lifestyle which is why people on it tend to lose weight but im sure it would probably take a long long time to lose weight just by taking metformin.
    Have you thought about Alli that really does work and you can get it from boots i am going to try it as i need to lose a little quickly and hopefully it will mantain my weight.