Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

possibly silly question..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i hope people dont think im stupid but i cant work this out properly in my head and iv asked a few people and two of them had different answers!

i took something back to topshop that was £12 and exchanged it for some shorts that were £28, so i ended up paying £16. i want to take the shorts back now too. what will i get back, £28 or £16?

my view is that i'll just get £16 back right, as thats what i paid, but what happened to the £12 i paid for the first item? did i already get the refund from that as i didnt pay the full price for the shorts?

:blush:

Comments

• Options
    won't it be £28 - you have no items from Topshop yet have paid them £28 in total? £12 for the first item and then £16 for the second/
  • Options
    I'm thinking £28 :yes:

Because technically when you paid for the shorts you paid £28... just £16 in cash, and then the other £12 was made up of the value of the thing you took back :)
  • Options
    £28

They have £28 of your money in total and you have none of their items at the end.
  • Options
    ohhh yes now you put it like that it makes sense. i dont know why i was getting so confused. my dad was insisting it was £28 but my sister and friend said £16 haha. oh deeeear.