Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Car Information needed - Kia Ceed,

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So with a new shrimp on the way we need a new car, my lovely toyota yaris just doesn't cut it with room etc, we need bigger,

Looking around and at our finances we are in a position to get a "newer" car, I refuse to go brand new purely because you lose so much value when you've driven it once, and I also can't afford it so looking around I like the sound of the Kia Ceed,

After speaking to a couple of dealerships I think I am happy but needed some information, if anyone has one or driven one, what did you think?

The pros for me are, I am looknig at a 58 plate, low mileage, 1.6 LS model, bout 12kish mileso n the clock and got quoted £9995, however it is Kia approved so gets the FULL 7 years of the warrenty which is a BIG plus.

The warrenty after reading it I noticed is 5years for everything and 7 years for engine, gearbox, breaks, driveshaft etc etc. This seems absolutely fine to me.

the price is about right, the $9995 got offered to me on a £2k deposit and 5 years interest free at £133.25 a month, perfect, my current car I am paying interest on the finance,

I am hoping to sell my current car (financee is cleared shortly) and get more than enough for the deposit, I think £2.5-2.8 as it is mint condition, V low milage for its age, 03plate with 46-47k on the clock,

Anyway has anyone ever driven the Ceed, got one or know anyone who has, much information would be lovely, or even other suggestions, cheers.

Comments

• Options
    There's a reason that Kia is a cheap brand, so I guess it all comes down to what you want from your car.

Personally I've learned to pay that little bit extra (or rather accept a slightly older car) in order to get something reliable, comfortable and well built.
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    There's a reason that Kia is a cheap brand, so I guess it all comes down to what you want from your car.

Personally I've learned to pay that little bit extra (or rather accept a slightly older car) in order to get something reliable, comfortable and well built.

Thing is it must be quite reliable if they offer a 7year warrenty with it?

I understand it is a "cheap" car in the sense it isn't as lavish as others but from what I can gather the interior is put together well and looks nice, It is just the running I am not sure about.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Thing is it must be quite reliable if they offer a 7year warrenty with it?

True, in terms of parts not failing. Make sure you check what is included in the warranty though...
    I understand it is a "cheap" car in the sense it isn't as lavish as others but from what I can gather the interior is put together well and looks nice, It is just the running I am not sure about.

Sorry, I mean that the interior dash etc is made with cheap products. Like I say, it depends on what you want. I spend a lot of time in my car and so the interior is important to me, I must travel about 20-25k miles per year.

Others use their car to get from A to B and so it's more about the engine.

Others look for fast accelleration and performance, something which the Kia isn't renowed for.

By the sounds of what you are saying a Kia sounds about right for you at the moment. It certainly has the space you'll need.

I'd check the price though because that sounds a little high.

NB What Car Review is here
  • Options
    I thought it was too, the model I am looking at brand new retails at about £14k brand new including metalic paint,

I get what you mean regarding the interior where as I do about 9k per year on mileage it is a A-B rather than luxuary and I mean I drive a basic model Yaris so I know about interiors, I was suprised though that for what I am paying it does come with things like, Cruise Control, Air Con, ABS/EBS, side airbags, the works etc. I mean a lot of extras my yaris doesn't have,

I got the registration of the car and I will do a "Glass" valuation, however I know I will not go for this particular car as I need to wait a while for my finance to be paid off.
  • Options
    have you took it for a test drive yet?

my grandma has a kia (not a ceed though) but iv driven it and it was horrible :| rough drive and the interior was so cheap and tinny it just wasnt nice. it was pretty much brand new too.
  • Options
    have you took it for a test drive yet?

my grandma has a kia (not a ceed though) but iv driven it and it was horrible :| rough drive and the interior was so cheap and tinny it just wasnt nice. it was pretty much brand new too.

Not yet unfortunately, As I live on an island it isnt as easy as after I finish work go for one, I need to take a whole day off for it.
  • Options
    I've driven one and been in the newer one (58 plate). I thought it was much improved over older models and looked and felt better.

Yes, there are some better cars out there, but for the money, it's a decent car. Maybe the price is a tad over, but if it's from a dealer, then you pay extra for that than in a private sale.

I personally like sporty cars, so if it was sporty, i'd get it.

The warranty is a good length though.

I'd personally prefer one of these

£10k for 5000 miles, free servicing etc :hyper: Bargain!

http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/usedcars/usedcars.asp
  • Options
    cheers for that, I wish I could get a Mitsubishi but the insurance would kill me I think... lol
  • Options
    true mate. Go with what feels right. Who cares if someone says Kia's are crap. That's their opinion. I've had problems with my 5 year old BMW, something which cost a lot more and would have been covered by a Kia warranty.

At the end of the day, it's your money and it will be your car. Do what you want and get the car that suits your needs the most.
  • Options
    Probably worth a test drive if you can. I suspect it would be a reasonable car, but not particularly exciting to drive or anything like that.

What car seems to suggest that too.

I would have suggested going to 4car.co.uk for a review, but the website seems to have been closed down. Shame.
  • Options
    Cheers guys, oh I deffo will test drive, would never buy a car without a test drive.
  • Options
    I have test drove it and very nearly bought it! I love it!!! The only problem was that I was looking to buy one new when it first came out so I couldn't afford it. But I would defo consider one when I change my car!!
  • Options
    I have test drove it and very nearly bought it! I love it!!! The only problem was that I was looking to buy one new when it first came out so I couldn't afford it. But I would defo consider one when I change my car!!

Cool, Im deffo going to go for a test drive when I come back off Holiday.