Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Falling out with friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I started back at college recently and since i been avoiding mettin up with friends from outside college. I just want to lie in bed after college and see no one. The girls i hang out with in college arnt really my friends anymore. I have nothing in common with them and never know what to talk to them about. I'm often left trailing after them in college and i feel like such a loner i usually excape to the library and end up eating on my own.
I hate it. But i was wondering how to make it up to my other friends outside college i want to do something special for them? I dont want to lose my other friends

Life just shit at the moment

Comments

• Options
    luc_bluc_b Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Hi lisalashe

It sounds like you're going through a really lonely time at the moment, but you've come to the right place and thanks for sharing on the boards - please remember you're not alone and we're here to support you when things are a bit rubbish.

You might find this Q&A helpful, which gives advice to someone in a similar position to yourself. Have you thought about joining a club or starting a new activity? It could be a great opportunity to meet some likeminded new people and discover a new hobby.

In terms of your friends who aren't from college, it's completely understandable that you don't want to lose them. You could try talking to them first of all about how you've been feeling and that you want to make it up to them - i'm sure if they realise what you're going through, they'll want to be there for you. Why not try and find a day you're all free and just spend it together, going to places you like and doing things you enjoy? Perhaps you could all cook a meal together one evening and catch up?

Do keep posting and let us know how you're getting on and take care of yourself :)