Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What do you do when...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
you love a guy but their obsessed you've cheated and they threaten you to admit it & threaten the guy they think you've cheated with so he admits it which then leads him to be obsessed you've done it & he dumps you over it & you have no way to prove you never did it?
its doing my head in cause he keeps going on about it and when im like i never did it i admited it cause i was scared then he doesn't believe that as he doesnt get that when your scared you say anything to get out of a situation? && now he blames you for his life going wrong and how you should feel bad for him loosing everyone as he chose you cause you said you would never hurt him and, even though you didnt he thinks you did...

cause i actually never did but i have no way to prove it as i dont have cctv of my life lol & i love him and want to be with him but is there anyway to prove i didnt do it??

Comments

• Options
    Ok, woah I got lost about 10 words in!
  • Options
    Ok, have concentrated more now and understand. So, if you didnt do it, why did you say you did?
  • Options
    cause basically he was lik i will let you walk if you say you have but if you keep saying you haven't then basically he was like he would go tell everyone bad stuff bout me & other stuff or something i dono so i was like ok i did to get away lol then he made the other boy say he did it and he also thinks I cheated other times when its not even possible i dono ...
  • Options
    worst thing is were both upset about it and want to be with each other but he wont believe I never did it so i can't do anything and so he keeps shouting at me and stuff over something i never even did when in reality we should be perfect right now like it was and he thinks we were living a li and stuff and its like it did mean something to me not my fault you dont believe me...
  • Options
    Well in my opinion, youve done all you can do... what more is there?

You need to tell him theres no point in staying like you are because all the trust has gone now. Even if he accepts that you didnt cheat and try to rebuild what you had, he's probably going to question every time youre late home or receive texts from a male friend. (i dont know him so i dont know how paranoid/untrusting he is though)

Just give him some space to think things over and let him know you'll be there when he's ready to talk. Put yourself in his position and you'd probably behave the exact same way. If its meant to carry on, it will happen. If not then you'll have to accept that shit happens and maybe think more carefully next time about what you say.
  • Options
    Thank you :) I'll do that ill just wait for him to realise the reality lol x
  • Options
    Actually, this guy sounds incredibly possessive and manipulative. Effectively threatening to blackmail you if you don't admit you've cheated on him? And you said he made you feel scared - no loving partner should ever make you feel like that. If I were you, I would get as far away as possible from him asap.
  • Options
    I agree with FireFly85.

You have a VERY unhealthy relationship going on. The guy is essentially accusing you of something (lack of trust/paranoia) and when you don't give him the right answer (according to him) he threatens you so you admit it. Then what happens? He's now been proven right and can use this against you as well as his unacceptable threatening behaviour towards you has been reinforced as acceptable. He's likely to do this again.

This on its own is bad enough but you also mentioned he blames you for MAKING him choose you and losing everyone (wtf?) and that you should feel bad for this or that.

This guy sounds like he's being incredibly oppressive and manipulative towards you, he's playing with your emotions and making you attatched to him based on something completely unrelated to real love.

Don't speak to him, text him or communicate with him in any way. Just drop him and move on with your life.
  • Options
    I'm trying to get away but its hard cause I am at university and droped everyone for him so I have no one but he doesn't care about that cause they were 'bad people' apparently even though i did not know them long & as its all my fault cause i cheated (when I didnt)
    & now as he has no one hes like I have to come out with him for his birthday but I'm scared to and I told him that but I'm so weird I feel bad if I don't go & worried he'll do something then...
  • Options
    What do you do?

you walk away. Without turning your back.
  • Options
    There are no good reasons for staying with this guy. The others are right. However painful and scary it may seem at the moment, you need to get right away from him. You'll make new friends - may be even reconnect with old ones. Trust me, no one needs an abusive relationship like this.
  • Options
    To be honest, it's better to have no one than this guy in your life.

If he has no one then who is going to tell anything bad about you to? Who'd believe him or even care to begin with. Seriously, this guy is blackmailing you and he's neither a good boyfriend or friend to you.

I second what Big Gay says. Walk away. Today.