Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weird spot thing down there...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so the other day I found a spot on my right labia that didnt hurt but was quite big and filled with pus. The only thing i was worried about was its size as i've had spots and ingrown hairs and things before.

I know I shouldnt have but I squeezed it and poked it and it bled a bit. It has gone down quite a bit now but instead of being white its darker, like some kind of blood blister but under the skin, and it doesnt hurt :confused: If it doesnt go down by next week i'll go see the doc but does anyone think it will just down by itself?

If its an ingrown hair should I be trying to get the hair out?

Comments

• Options
    I used to get spots like that all the time ... and I used to squeeze them so they bled ... and then got a nasty-looking dark swelling in its place. They never usually did any harm, and eventually went away on their own. However, don't, whatever you do, be tempted to poke, squeeze or prod the "blister". I did once and it poisoned me. The symptoms were quite scary: faint with palpitations. I had to go to the doctor for antibiotics. It was diagnosed as some sort of cyst. I felt off-colour for days afterwards.

If it is an in-grown hair, I always think the best thing is to release it - otherwise one can end up with a permanent little 'wart' with a hair inside it. I sometimes find them in my armpits.
  • Options
    Hmm well its pretty much disappeared now and back to normal colour apart from what looks like a hair/long thin dark patch underneath the skin :S

How do i get it out, I dont wanna keep prodding and cutting the skin so i end up with some weird scar/spot thing
  • Options
    If you leave it, it may well work it's way out on it's own - failing that, squeeze it like a spot until a bit of hair comes out, then use tweezers (or a fingernail) to coax it out.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    If you leave it, it may well work it's way out on it's own - failing that, squeeze it like a spot until a bit of hair comes out, then use tweezers (or a fingernail) to coax it out.

:yes:
  • Options
    I get a few of these, seemed to start after I started getting waxes ... I squeezed, but it's still kinda there, but as you said, seems harmless ... sorry, not a help, just wanted you to know ... *you aren't alone*
  • Options
    Its pretty much all disappeared now, I havent been poking it or anything so it mustve worked itself out some how