Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what does this mean?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if someone you're sleeping with gets drunk and tells you they think you would do distasteful things for sexual gratification, what does that say about what they think of you?

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't sound good, ask them to explain
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Doesn't sound good, ask them to explain

i tried to get him to say exactly what he was thinking when he said that, but he just dodged the question.
    and no, it doesn't sound good.
  • Options
    I wouldnt hold it against him if he was pissed.

Either, forget all about it, or hunt him down to explain himself. I would say the first option might be best.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I wouldnt hold it against him if he was pissed.

Either, forget all about it, or hunt him down to explain himself. I would say the first option might be best.

there's an old saying...in wine there is truth..
  • Options
    there's an old saying...in wine there is truth..

Theres also and old saying... the pissed guy talks rubbish.

Either forget about it, or challenge him - which he will only deny
  • Options
    if someone you're sleeping with gets drunk and tells you they think you would do distasteful things for sexual gratification, what does that say about what they think of you?

Wishful thinking may be? Depends what you find distasteful. I have been happy to try all sorts of slightly kinky things with men I loved (including my OH).
  • Options
    Perhaps they have really low self-esteem, and are describing themself?

What wording did they actually use?
  • Options
    Wishful thinking may be? Depends what you find distasteful. I have been happy to try all sorts of slightly kinky things with men I loved (including my OH).

Just re-read my post and realised it could be ambiguous. I meant, may be wishful thinking on HIS part, not yours,i.e. he is testing the water to see if you want to try something new/different.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Perhaps they have really low self-esteem, and are describing themself?

What wording did they actually use?

his words were: i think you would do things that are distasteful for sexual pleasure.
  • Options
    Just re-read my post and realised it could be ambiguous. I meant, may be wishful thinking on HIS part, not yours,i.e. he is testing the water to see if you want to try something new/different.

actually, i am the one who has brought up different things...i am adventurous in bed. he seems a lot more sheltered, if you will..when i suggested we watch each other masturbate, he said he'd never done that before in front of anyone and didn't think he could do it.
    it upsets me because when i asked him to say what he was specifically thinking of when he said that, he dodged the question...i think it basically means he has no respect for me at all...and if that's the case, i won't have anything to do with him again...
    which is why i need your opinions
  • Options
    Ah. I see. Strange attitude. As you say, he seems to have led a very sheltered life. If you mean to keep him, he needs an education - otherwise your sex life is likely to be too unsatisfactory to sustain the relationship.

I think you need to find out what he finds "distasteful" (odd word to use) and why. Then apply liberal quantities of alcohol and take things gently. :flirt:
  • Options
    id probably nod in agreement
  • Options
    Ah. I see. Strange attitude. As you say, he seems to have led a very sheltered life. If you mean to keep him, he needs an education - otherwise your sex life is likely to be too unsatisfactory to sustain the relationship.

I think you need to find out what he finds "distasteful" (odd word to use) and why. Then apply liberal quantities of alcohol and take things gently. :flirt:

yes, distasteful was an odd word to use, i will follow your advice. the alchohol won't be a problem though, he was quite drunk when he said it.
    :naughty: