Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused by signals from a guy in my college class.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There is a guy in my class, he is a very decent guy and everyone really likes him. He's confident, clever and very kind, and there may have been some signs, but I'm not sure if they are signs he is interested in me, or if he's being his usual friendly self. I know he does like me, but not sure if he is wanting more.

He usually sits next to me in class.
He teased me by hiding my pen, and then gave it back to me and said sorry with a cheeky look on his face.
He plays in a band and when we were discussing it he said "We're playing in town tonight, you should come along."
We make each other laugh a lot.
He always makes direct eye contact when we talk.
He was asking me about my grades so far, and said I was doing well when I told him.

So I'm a bit confused as to whether these are him just being normal, or if he is flirting or showing interest in me. I know you don't know him personally, but I'd apreciate some opinions, as I don't want to kid myself. There's only two weeks of the course left, so some advice would be apreciated too. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    This is 2010! Girls can make the first move too! :)

But why not go to watch his band? Show an interest and see how it goes from there. Or ask him if he fancies meeting up for a movie or a drink out of college. If he says 'yes', that is a good sign.

Remember, he may just be just a very nice guy who likes you as a friend but, chances are, he may like you more than that.
  • Options
    I agree with Teagan...
    Ask him, at the end of a day, if he wants to go for a drink or something.
    It isn't going to hurt to try, even if he does say no. (which, from what I have read, is unlikely)
    Xx
  • Options
    Go for it!
  • Options
    Not knowing the guy personally I know, but I'd say you should go along to watch his band and take it from there. My way of trying to flirt with girls I'm friends with is pretty similar, but it never lead to anything because I'm too shy.

Good luck!
  • Options
    or he just wants a shag
  • Options
    justjames wrote: »
    or he just wants a shag

What, and you reckon if that is all he was after he'd take the time to make friends with her? And talk to her?
    I think it is very sad that that is how you think, if this is how you act then I feel for you.
    Xx
  • Options
    or he just wants a shag

That's indeed possible. But if that's so, he hasn't been very good at going about getting one. One would have thought he would have made the effort to get her on a date already but he seems to be going for the long haul here. I may be wrong but I think he probably does like her.
  • Options
    he wants a shag plus someone to understand the sensitive man he is.

what have you done to determine whether he wants more?
  • Options
    what have you done to determine whether he wants more?

You asking me or the OP? :confused::)
  • Options
    he wants a shag plus someone to understand the sensitive man he is.

How refreshing to see someone so positive and without cynicism! :)
  • Options
    sorry. it for op
  • Options
    Sounds like classic flirting to me. Flirting doesn't always lead to a relationship, but people don't usually flirt with someone they don't like, and I don't think there is any doubt that he likes you. Seems like he is just testing the water to see if you like him too.

If you do, go to his gig and take it from there.
  • Options
    Well I'm very shy, so I really don't feel comfortable asking him out.

All I was confused about was whether it was flirting, or just sounded like him being friendly.
  • Options
    just smack his bum and say you want to have his baby