Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A facebook/event query

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey - I've created a facebook event; it's a surprise birthday party for my boyfriend. I've gone through all the steps and invited all the people on my friends list that I want to come. It's a secret event, obviously, so my fella won't know about it.

Trouble is, there are people on HIS facebook friends list that I don't have as mine, and that I want to invite.

How do I invite them to join the event page? I only seem to be able to invite my own friends, not anybody else's.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    :yes: you're either going to have to make another person who is friends with them an 'admin' so they can invite them - or request them as friends with an explanation.
  • Options
    For a lot of people, depending on their 'Privacy' settings, where you see the 'Add As Friend' button, there is also a 'Send a Message' link - so you can send them a message without adding them as a friend. Otherwise, yes, you will need to add them as friend. Or ask a mutual friend to forward the invite to the others, if that works? :)
  • Options
    Gah! Confusing stuff! Have asked mutual friends to do some inviting for me - fingers crossed it works!!

Thanks guys :)