Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

eBay's zero shipping policy

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I'm selling a lot of stuff on eBay lately to make ends meet while I'm jobless. I'm finding with increasing frequency that eBay insists that I charge zero shipping. For example, I sold some DVDs, some of which are boxsets. A lot of them sold for only £1-£2. As I'm footing the postage bill, I'm making a loss, let alone that I now have no DVDs to show for it. Today, I'm selling a pocket dictionary which will cost me £2.50 to send, and once again, I can only select free postage. Wtf is going on here?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It is a pain when the postage is zero... but if you know the item will only sell for 1 gbp, why bother selling it all and risk making a loss?
  • Options
    It is a pain when the postage is zero... but if you know the item will only sell for 1 gbp, why bother selling it all and risk making a loss?

Exactly. Complain to Ebay about the postage limits, or list your item at a higher price.
  • Options
    I've just had this in my email, and I think the buyers/sellers have reached a good comprimise now:

In 2009 a mandatory free Postage & Packaging (P&P) policy was introduced in categories where excessive postage charges were a problem. Although buyers have responded positively, some sellers indicated this is having a negative impact on their listings and asked for alternative options to prevent excessive postage. This is especially when listing in the auction style format with a low starting price. SELLER NEWS Therefore, to help drive further sales, the existing free P&P policy will be removed and replaced with maximum limits to Postage & Packaging charges from 8 February 2010. Buyers continue to respond positively to free Postage & Packaging. Sellers who offer it on their fixed price listings will continue to receive a boost in search results.

Regards,

The eBay team