Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

freeing up RAM

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im attempting to install a program, ive came to a message that says that the minimum system requirements are 512 of ram or more, they recommend i upgrade or adjust my system to meet these requirements.

When i right click on my computer i can see it says Intel celeron processor, 1.10 GHz, 384 MB of RAM

Please does anyone know how i can adjust my system accordingly.

Comments

• Options
    You're lacking physical memory. Unless you've set your on-board graphics to use a huge amount(not likely, given the spec), you're going to end up adding more memory.

http://www.crucial.com/uk/

Use the memory advisor tool to see whether you can add any more, and at what cost.
  • Options
    bettyboo wrote: »
    Im attempting to install a program, ive came to a message that says that the minimum system requirements are 512 of ram or more, they recommend i upgrade or adjust my system to meet these requirements.

When i right click on my computer i can see it says Intel celeron processor, 1.10 GHz, 384 MB of RAM

Please does anyone know how i can adjust my system accordingly.

Increase your virtual memory. It may help.
  • Options
    Who in their right mind would incorporate onboard graphics taking 128MB on a machine that only has 512MB in the first place?

For me, it's 4GB + dedicated HD 4820 :-)
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would incorporate onboard graphics taking 128MB on a machine that only has 512MB in the first place?

For me, it's 4GB + dedicated HD 4820 :-)

Well, thats how my Compaq Presario vintage 2004 was configured.. :)