Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nokia N97 Mini

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anybody have one? Are they any good?

Just wondering because Virgin mobile are doing a pretty nice package on one atm and I'm in the market for a new contract/phone. Want to hear what other people think before I go getting one though.

Comments

• Options
    Orange stopped selling it because it was buggy... and many people report it has a poor battery life.
  • Options
    I have the N97 (not mini) and it's had a lot of problems. The original firmware was far from stable or bug-free. From reading the allaboutsymbian forums, it seems the Mini also has problems. It's sad for me to say, as I'm a Nokia fan, but I'd be wary of buying another Nokia product after the experience with my N97.
  • Options
    im looking into getting the E72. currently using E71. N97 looks nice and is better for browsing. my e71 experienced a problem once which was solved by downloading the updated firmware from nokia. however i dont know if the said bugs of original N97 firmware has an updated version.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The big N97 is terrible. Getting better though. Again I'm kinda wary about Nokia's too.
  • Options
    I have the N85. It's different, but pretty similar technically(and in terms of software, though the 85 runs Symbian 9.4, the N97 9.3). My only issues have been with the skanky custom Orange firmware that Orange haven't updated. I've had to void my warranty(after living with it long enough to deem it a safe thing to do) and flash the phone to the standard firmware(Orange was v11.xxx, generic firmware is now up at v31.xxx!), which sorted out the niggles.

I still have faith in Nokia stuff, but I'd really do some digging before getting the N97 mini...