Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Toshiba notebook built in HDD recovery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Customers who have purchased a Toshiba notebook computer from early 2008 onwards may find there are no recovery DVDs in the box. This includes models from the A300, L300 and L350 ranges.

This is because Toshiba have now adopted a HDD recovery process, with the option for customers to create their own recovery DVDs using a special preinstalled utlity.

I was wondering if anyone has used this or know anything about it? I'm thinking about backing up my files and starting my laptop from scratch cos it fucks up so many times cos of corrupted files etc, its in the shop now for not starting.

I'm definately going to create some recovery disks with System Restore etc on it when I get it back but is doing the recovery process advisable?

Firstly, I dont want to lose word, powerpoint etc cos i need them for uni but i will wont i?

Second, this page I'm looking at

http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD7C02140000R01.htm

says about reinstalling the drivers and applications that were originally bundled, does this mean that they'll be wiped and I'll have to reinstall them??

I can just see me totally fucking this up which is something i really dont need, shall i do it, or is it a waste of time??

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    There should be an Fx button you have to press when the computer's starting to start the process. This would wipe the hard drive (or maybe only one partition, if there's a second) and put everything back the way it was when the computer was new.