Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pregnant and dont know what to do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive just found out im pregnant and dont know what to do!! ive been with my partner 2 years and he dont think its the right time, but he already has two children 1 he has brought up 1 is his own and i think his worried they will get left out! the thing is i had a termination last year and its emotionally scaring i dont think i can go through it again! but how do i kow im ready? and im only 17

Comments

• Options
    ((hugs))
    You need to work out what YOU want.
    Dont feel pressurised into having an abortion if you dont want one, and dont feel pressurised into having children if youre not ready. its a big decision, that only you can make.
  • Options
    yeah, it's your decision :yes:

at the end of the day though, if you feel unable to have an abortion yet unable to support a child, maybe adoption would be a good option?

have you talked to your bf? does he know you're pregnant?

hugs
  • Options
    Im kinda in the same situation apart from i dont want to keep the baby and my partner does. I am 22 and have just found out am 6wks pregnant to my partner of 4yrs! He is happy and wants to keepthe baby,however i do not! Im a ready to start a full time career which is fast living, exciting and will take me around the world with my job which amso excited about, therefore do not have a plce for a baby! I have never been maternal but my partner really wants to have it! Im so confusedin what to do!! To make things worse he has alreadyu told a few closemembers of family who are thrilled but im totally depressed about it!! please help!!!
  • Options
    kittyx wrote: »
    Im kinda in the same situation apart from i dont want to keep the baby and my partner does. I am 22 and have just found out am 6wks pregnant to my partner of 4yrs! He is happy and wants to keepthe baby,however i do not! Im a ready to start a full time career which is fast living, exciting and will take me around the world with my job which amso excited about, therefore do not have a plce for a baby! I have never been maternal but my partner really wants to have it! Im so confusedin what to do!! To make things worse he has alreadyu told a few closemembers of family who are thrilled but im totally depressed about it!! please help!!!

hmmm, one thought that popped into my head which doesn't help alot is, with your career, would he be following you around the world? or would it be possible for him to look after the baby at home whilst you were away- how long would the overseas travel last?
  • Options
    Im a make-up artist/ hairdresser so my type of work is really time consuming and can take me places, especially as i want to do fashion and catwalk!! which am thrilled about it!!!! My partner works in engineering at the moment and is full time so i just dont see this working out at the moment!! I found out i was pregnant on the 1st jan and since then he has been out drinking with his friends which is really getting me also!! Im just so confused and with a member of the family dying also it makes me feel guilty for wanting to abort as they would do anything to hold onto their dear life!!!
  • Options

Wow if your not ready dont do it! theres nithing worse than having a baby and regreting it expecially as u may hold a grudge because u could be traveling around the world!! My doctor has booked a termination even though i didnt ask for it! but ever since i havent stopped crying and thinking why am i doing this! my boyfreinds the opposite he dont think its a good idea!! wow when i fell pregnant i wanted it to be a happy thing but all ive done is cry!! ahhhh what are we gonna do x
  • Options
    yeah, it's your decision :yes:

at the end of the day though, if you feel unable to have an abortion yet unable to support a child, maybe adoption would be a good option?

have you talked to your bf? does he know you're pregnant?

hugs

everyone is different but i would never be able to do that, i think that must be harder than both of them, x yea ive spoke to my boyfreind but he doesnt think its the right time but he said he will support me whatever. The other thing he has a child and i think his worried they will get pushed out a bit x but he only has he at weekends shes only 2 she will prob like having a baby x
  • Options
    Im a make-up artist/ hairdresser so my type of work is really time consuming and can take me places, especially as i want to do fashion and catwalk!! which am thrilled about it!!!! My partner works in engineering at the moment and is full time so i just dont see this working out at the moment!! I found out i was pregnant on the 1st jan and since then he has been out drinking with his friends which is really getting me also!! Im just so confused and with a member of the family dying also it makes me feel guilty for wanting to abort as they would do anything to hold onto their dear life!!!

its so hard i know but you said u want to abort so u should go with what u feel, i know what u mean but u cant have a baby because of that im sure your family member would have wanted u to do whats best for you!! and only u can make that decision x
  • Options
    ((hugs))
    You need to work out what YOU want.
    Dont feel pressurised into having an abortion if you dont want one, and dont feel pressurised into having children if youre not ready. its a big decision, that only you can make.

Wow i know its a huge decision!!! but whenever i think about having a termination i burst into tears, the only way to stop myself crying is to tell myself il think about keeping it???? i cant help but feel thats telling me something x
  • Options
    ive replied to you all!! its so nice to be able to get everything off ur chest and i appreciate u all taking ur time to give me advice and support xxx THANKYOU
  • Options
    well from what youve said, it sounds like you do want the baby, so my advice is to follow your heart, because the details will work themselves out
  • Options
    im keeping it!! thanks every1 for the advice and thoughts !x:)
  • Options
    congratulations!!!!

What did your boyfriend say?
  • Options
    Thats so nice! I have had a good long think and i have decided to keep my baby too!!! I have a great partner who will support me and my family too, not really much more a girl can ask for! Thank you so much for all the help and advice everyone! Also i had a look at abortion and saw somes images that will disturb me for life! I believe its god decision and we shouldnt take that wee baby's life away. xx thanks everyone xx kittyx
  • Options
    Thats so nice! I have had a good long think and i have decided to keep my baby too!!! I have a great partner who will support me and my family too, not really much more a girl can ask for! Thank you so much for all the help and advice everyone! Also i had a look at abortion and saw somes images that will disturb me for life! I believe its god decision and we shouldnt take that wee baby's life away. xx thanks everyone xx kittyx

even if the guy wont be there for you and the baby keep the baby anyways... i got prego at 17 and a senior in highschool but my son didn't stop me from achieving goals in life. his dad isn't around but me and my son are still happy... what im trying to say is if your worried that guy will leave you then just worry about yourself and your unborn child. if he didn't want another child then he shouldn't have had sex without protection
  • Options
    good luck to you both x