Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

She says she's confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I met a girl and we hit it off, A few days later we're together and it's great, or so I thought. She has been through a lot of family problems and her ex treated her really badly with mind games and was just using her for sex.

Because of this she is scared and confused about relationships and trusting people, in case they do the same.
I would never play a mind game on her or even think of hurting her as from what I've seen she is pretty much perfect. I wouldn't say I love her as we haven't known each other that long but safe to say I do genuinely like her.

She seems distant when I try to talk to her about this and doesn't seem to respond to my affection, she says she'll give it a go but gives me mixed signals when I ask if she wants to do something.

I haven't had the best history with relationships and really want this to work between us but I really don't know what to do about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Best idea is to take things slowly but surely. Be there for her to talk to someone if she needs to about previous issues. Good luck :)
  • Options
    I met a girl and we hit it off, A few days later we're together and it's great, or so I thought. She has been through a lot of family problems and her ex treated her really badly with mind games and was just using her for sex.

Because of this she is scared and confused about relationships and trusting people, in case they do the same.
    I would never play a mind game on her or even think of hurting her as from what I've seen she is pretty much perfect. I wouldn't say I love her as we haven't known each other that long but safe to say I do genuinely like her.

She seems distant when I try to talk to her about this and doesn't seem to respond to my affection, she says she'll give it a go but gives me mixed signals when I ask if she wants to do something.

I haven't had the best history with relationships and really want this to work between us but I really don't know what to do about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think that you need to give her time and enjoy being with her. She has been through alot and u need to show her that you are diffrent. Insted of suggesting thing to do say we are going to........... or i'm going to.............. do you want to come with me. Hope everything works out for the both of you. Good Luck:)
  • Options
    I agree with the other 2 replies - you should definitely take things slowly with her. She's obviously been through a lot and taking things slowly will show that you're not like her ex (and that you won't use her).

Hope things work out :)