Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help with amazon marketplace seller

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi :) havent visited in over a year but have recently come across a problem with a seller on amazon marketplace and thought who better to ask than you knowledgeable lot

I ordered a phone on friday evening which is listed as brand new and sim free and should'nt have ignored my insticts that for the price this was too good to be true. Anyway, I did and its ordered, and it is too late to cancel.

Because I was worried, I emailed the sellar to double check that it is in fact sim free (as in straight from the manufacturer, no network branding)

They politely replied on saturday, but confirmed my suspicions and stated that it is in fact an unlocked phone which was previously on tmobile.

I emailed back straight away to say that unfortunately this does not meet my needs as I ordered a sim free phone with no branding, and did not order an unlocked phone, and therefore requested to cancel my order before they send it. However I have not had a reply yet and I suspect that they are deliberately ignoring this so that they can send it and then say its too late, and in which case I will have to pay delivery costs to return it (which I believe is around £10-15 for the value of the item) and having read about returns, the seller does not have to cover return costs.

As "sim free" is not the same as "unlocked" am I right in thinking that I can file a claim under amazon's a-z safe buying guarantee, due to the fact that it was not the exact product advertised?

I need to give the seller 3 days to reply but im not feeling very hopeful, the item is useless to me if it is an unlocked phone because it will contain Tmobile branding and it is a gift

I've ordered quite a few things from marketplace before and never had any issues with sellers

Any advise greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    No advice but that's a bit sucky. Not that it helps you now but, I'm not keen on amazon marketplace for that very reason -inaccurate descriptions.
  • Options
    Yeh, it did suck buns but to cut a long story short its all turned out fine, so problem solved :)