Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Up to date-ness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, I said I was gona go see the nurse. The meeting is set for the end of the week, only problem is I am having doubts about going to see her. I know that she would understand (she used to cut herself) but I don't want to seem...childish...in her eyes, as I cut yesterday for pracically no reason at all. Also got dumped by the gf last week, with her saying that one of the reasons she got rid of me is because I'm fat. This has caused me to start purging everything that I'm eating (it hurts to admit this). However, everyone else around me keeps telling me I'm too thin. Being 13 stone ish, I honestly can't see why they think that, as everytime I look in the mirror, all I see is fat. I don't know what to do, as all of the recent stuff is making me not want to go and see the nurse, but a small part of me says I need to go. Anyone got some suggestions? Sorry about the rant of a sort :/

Comments

• Options
    I would say one thing, all the health care professionals i know are just that- professional. They don't judge you as a person, they listen to your problems and help you find a solution. wouldn't be afraid of looking 'childish' because it takes maturity to admit to issues, and courage to talk to someone about them, and she will know that, having the issue herself.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Options
    luc_bluc_b Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Hi bio haz

Thanks for posting about how you're feeling. It can't be easy to talk about this and it's understandable that you're anxious about speaking openly to a nurse. As skakitty says, the nurse is a professional and shoudn't judge you for your situation - it's their job to try and help you :).

You can take a look at this interview with a GP about self harm on TheSite.org, which might give you an idea about their perspective.

Best of luck and do keep posting :)
  • Options
    Well...I had the meeting this morning...it was....interesting. I like, actually...feel so bad telling her what I'd done. Like it was that every word that I said was a sin against me. She was really nice though. I don't know if it was coz she understood better than most people would, but, it felt great to be telling someone about it. But still at the same time there was the feeling of lowness that came afterwards. soa...yeah...went a bit better than I thought. *shrug*