Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just A Question..

Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
Does Anyone Else Just Sometimes Think, What's The Point?

Bit Random I Know!!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    Does Anyone Else Just Sometimes Think, What's The Point?

Bit Random I Know!!

Yup all the time!!

When I feel like this, I usually get in bed, put a film on, or have a few to drink to forget it all for the night, or have a good cry..... Not to necessarily make myself feel better but to go along with the feeling of 'whats the point'. If theres no point to anything why dont i just get drunk or lay here and be unsociable or cry and and cry and cry. By the next day I'm feeling better tho.

You just have to look ahead, and think well how do you know there is no point? You dont know whats going to happen in the future so you might as well get on with life
  • Options
    yeeees! a lot frequently.

then i get an annoying optimistic voice in the back of my head telling me that this feeling won't last forever and things do change.

basically what lexi said! whoops
  • Options
    Yeah, usually when I'm throwing my toys out of the pram about it being Monday morning and having to go to work.

But really I'm at the stage now where I like my life, and my mental hissy fits don't last all that long.
  • Options
    same as the above! i like to try and believe there is a point and it'll get better :D
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same, even at times when things are actually going good in my life! for me, it's a mental throwback to depression, negative thoughts trying to worm their way back into my brain because it's easier to think like that for me. I try not to let them though :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I always wonder what the point is. I'm not even sure there is one, but I don't think of this as a sad thought; just an observation.
  • Options
    Only very briefly. More often I think..... wow, this is incredible and then you don't really care if there is a point or not!
  • Options
    I've gone beyond that to realising that there is no point.
  • Options
    Well, there's intrinsic point. Life is what you make it, and that's the point.
  • Options
    I disagree, I don't think you can make your life anything, it just is what it is.
  • Options
    Obviously dont go with the flow just to make things easier, or deliberately put yourself down, but I find sometimes going with the flow (when you dont want to) can open your eyes to certain things.
  • Options
    Hey sorry, just wondering. how do i start my own forum? or do i just type into here? i wanna make sex with my boyfriend perfect and amazing. how?
  • Options
    Hi heybeb, to start your own discussion just go into the particular area that's revelant (in this case Sex - http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php?f=85) and then click on the 'Post a new thread' button in the top left.

That'll let you start a new discussion or 'thread' where people can help you out.

You can also start it by hitting the following url, which does the same thing as the button -

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=85
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I disagree, I don't think you can make your life anything, it just is what it is.

I meant to type there is no intrinsic point, but your life is what you make of it.

There is no prince, there is no happy ever after, there is no final reward.

There's the hand you are dealt, and how you choose to play it, and what you choose to want the outcome to be.