Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Legal advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right I and two friends were arrested for affray on Saturday night. We were out and two men approached us in an aggressive manner asking for cigarettes. We told them no and they started being abusive so one of my friend head butted one of the guys. A big fight followed and there were punches and kicks flying everywhere. This was all caught on CCTV and the video shows me kicking one of the guys whilst he is on the floor. I am 22 and when I was 17/18 got into some trouble and have got a couple of convictions on my record for assault. I also received a suspended prison sentence for an assault when I was 18. I have not been in any trouble for three years now and have had a full time job at a law firm for three years and am studying a part time degree. Do you think there is any way I am not going to do prison time for this?

Comments

• Options
    Best bet is to speak to a solicitor, surely working in a law firm will help you get hold of one.

It could be a possibility of you doing time, but one thing I would consider is how long was your suspended sentence for? as if this is still in affect it could mean prison time.

AS your mates started the fight again that would go against you but the best bet is to get hold of a solicitor, have you been charged at all?
  • Options
    My suspended sentence has expired. It was for 12 months and I have not been in any trouble for three years.
  • Options
    Obviously speaking to a qualified person of the law would be best, but if they have you on camera kicking a bloke when he is down on the ground, there is a good chance they are going to try and fuck you over big time.
  • Options
    You kicked someone lying on the ground? Your friend headbutted someone? Perhaps prison is a good idea for you, in the name of protection for others.
  • Options
    Why do people worry about prison AFTER they have kicked fuck out of someone.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Why do people worry about prison AFTER they have kicked fuck out of someone.

I think because quite often they are pissed up whilst doing it.
  • Options
    Prison? I jolly well hope so!
  • Options
    dbloom wrote: »
    Right I and two friends were arrested for affray on Saturday night. We were out and two men approached us in an aggressive manner asking for cigarettes. We told them no and they started being abusive so one of my friend head butted one of the guys. A big fight followed and there were punches and kicks flying everywhere. This was all caught on CCTV and the video shows me kicking one of the guys whilst he is on the floor. I am 22 and when I was 17/18 got into some trouble and have got a couple of convictions on my record for assault. I also received a suspended prison sentence for an assault when I was 18. I have not been in any trouble for three years now and have had a full time job at a law firm for three years and am studying a part time degree. Do you think there is any way I am not going to do prison time for this?

I have to agree with other sentiments on here. You need a solicitor, and a good one. Headbutting someone because they got a bit tetchy with you, instead of just walking away like an adult isn't the wisest of decisions.
  • Options
    I've just seen five people go down for a similar reason, two of which had no previous convictions. On that basis, there is a strong chance you could go down the same road.