Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

has he stopped fancying me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
me and my boyfriend have been together about 2 years now.

last night, we had sex. everything went fine.

this morning, we played around for a bit and then had sex. however, for the first time in 2 years, he didn't orgasm. we engaged in quite a bit of foreplay so there was no absence of that. we had sex for about an hour and eventually he had to stop as he got too sore.

do you reckon he's stopped fancying me?

i asked him about it this afternoon as its been bothering me but he just told me to not worry about it.

my confidence is so so low at the moment (but before someone suggests this might have put him off, he isn't aware of how little confidence i have as i'm good at faking being confident) and this really hasn't helped :crying:

Comments

• Options
    last night, we had sex. everything went fine.

this morning, we played around for a bit and then had sex. however, for the first time in 2 years, he didn't orgasm. we engaged in quite a bit of foreplay so there was no absence of that. we had sex for about an hour and eventually he had to stop as he got too sore.

do you reckon he's stopped fancying me?

Stopped fancying you in between last night and this morning? No, I don't reckon. Unless there are other signs? He's probably just having an off day.
    my confidence is so so low at the moment (but before someone suggests this might have put him off, he isn't aware of how little confidence i have as i'm good at faking being confident) and this really hasn't helped :crying:

Don't you think it might be a good thing, after 2 years together, that you let your bf know how you're really feeling? Faking confidence in general is great, but among your nearest and dearest, how can they comfort you if they don't know how fragile you really feel?

A relationship should be the one place you don't need to pretend.
  • Options
    well, he never tells me i look nice anymore even though i make the effort to look especially nice :( he never really compliments me.

yeah, really, i should be able to let him know how i'm really feeling after 2 years but tbh, its never going to happen...i find it hard to let anyone know how i'm feeling and its only wrecked my relationships in the past when i have done. no guy likes a miserable girlfriend.
  • Options
    well, he never tells me i look nice anymore even though i make the effort to look especially nice :( he never really compliments me.

yeah, really, i should be able to let him know how i'm really feeling after 2 years but tbh, its never going to happen...i find it hard to let anyone know how i'm feeling and its only wrecked my relationships in the past when i have done. no guy likes a miserable girlfriend.

Id prefer a girlfriend who was honest about why she was miserable, so things could be fixed :) Thats me personally though.
  • Options
    thats the thing though, he doesn't realise i'm miserable.

i'm very good at faking my confidence and happiness.
  • Options
    Or you think you are. that'd put me off.
  • Options
    no, i actually am. i don't just think i'm good at it.

i am certain of this because people have been incredibly shocked in the past when i've revealed the truth.
  • Options
    Maybe it's nothing to do with him not fancying you, maybe it's just nothing. Or perhaps there is something bothering him that he hasn't been able to talk to you about yet. If you think you are faking happiness with him, perhaps he is faking confidence and happiness too. You need to open up the lines of communication.
  • Options
    thats the thing though, he doesn't realise i'm miserable.

i'm very good at faking my confidence and happiness.

Maybe thats why ex's have got annoyed, because you havnt trusted them enough to be honest with them.