Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

That HIDEOUS feeling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone get that hideous feeling when you wake up from a dream and you get worried it's going to come true..?

Obviously not the ones where monsters take over the earth.

But last night, I had the worst dream where I married my boyfriend and he was beating me and the kids up. And because it didn't have any weird things in like monsters, I've had this HORRIBLE feeling that it's like a premonition sort of thing!

Do you get that?

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sometimes yes, if a dream happens to be actually realistic, but that's rare.
    Although I can't remember any off the top of my head which were actually about things happening to me.
  • Options
    I have realistic dreams where I wake up screaming and looking for the culprit - eg a hand sized spider, and I'm really unsettled until I'm sure it's not there.

My friend had a dream the other night she was crying and her ex douchebag of a bf came and sat next to her, and did nothing. She was texting me, freaking out, cos she just had this feeling he was in the area, even though they were together when she lived back home - same cities.
    Then she text me freaking the fuck out, cos he just drove past her.
  • Options
    I was on a river boat on the amazon sleeping in a hammock last week, I had a rather disturbing dream about being attacked (I was a few days before) and I was protecting myself in my dream - and in reality, I nearly decapitated the bloke in the next hammock, I felt so bad - my wife was going crazy, woke a load of children up - horrible. He was ok but clearly a little concerned, I was about 3 times the size of the poor little chap. Later on I went the whole hog and had a dream about his wife. All good in the morning, I woke up relieved and exercised - lovely. As a sort of sorry I carried his luggage of the boat...and even got a kiss from his wife, if only she knew...
  • Options
    I hate when you have a really vivid and realistic dream about someone you know, but you don't know them well enough to tell them, and then when you see them in real life, it's like it really happened!

I once dreamed my boss tried to feel me up, and I was so horrified I ran away and hid in a cupboard. Couldn't look him in the eye for a week.
  • Options
    I never really have that. I do have dreams which I think are real at the time (mostly sex dreams :blush: ) but then wake up and am like 'oh :('.

Saying that, I genuinely thought up until recently that I used to be able to fly when I was little. Obviously I had a fair few realistic dreams back then :blush:.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I never really have that. I do have dreams which I think are real at the time (mostly sex dreams :blush: ) but then wake up and am like 'oh :('.

Saying that, I genuinely thought up until recently that I used to be able to fly when I was little. Obviously I had a fair few realistic dreams back then :blush:.

I used to have a lot of flying dreams when I was younger too :)
  • Options
    Me too. Especially dreams that I was flying down a staircase in a particular knitting shop my grandma used to go to.

I use to have a recurring dream when I was about 3 or 4 where I was flying down the staircase at home. Weird.

I have awful dreams mostly where I am being murdered, mostly centred around my grandmas house. Sometimes I say things to people about something that happened then realise that it was a dream that was that realistic that I had actually thought it had happened. I don't usually see them as a premonition although me and my sis once had the same dream about our mum when we were sharing a bed as kids, that was scary!
  • Options

Me too. Sleepgasm.

I would have dreams I could fly - but it would only be hovering a couple of feet on the balcony and I was like OMG I CAN FLY! And I'd climb on the rails and jump off and fall cos I can't fly any more. Would wake up before I hit the ground. Happened often.
    I had a dream I was undercover in a cathedral as a nun, with a bunch of others. We were hunting out a bad priest or something. It was tomb raidery/James Bondy, and I got seen and shot. This happened 3 times in a row. It was like I was starting the level again. And each time, the shot felt so real. I thought I would 'wake up' dead.
  • Options
    Recently, like... a few days ago?

The only flying dream I've had was quite scary. I found out I could hover above the ground so I went around the house like that, and then I saw a ghostly figure holding a baby and staring at me. That was a threat that if I ever flew again, it would kill the baby.
  • Options
    Recently, like... a few days ago?

The only flying dream I've had was quite scary. I found out I could hover above the ground so I went around the house like that, and then I saw a ghostly figure holding a baby and staring at me. That was a threat that if I ever flew again, it would kill the baby.
    Recently like maybe 6 months ago.

I'm not saying that I thought I could fly until then, but that until then I thought that I used to be able to fly because of the dreams I had when I was small.
  • Options
    I'm not saying that I thought I could fly until then, but that until then I thought that I used to be able to fly because of the dreams I had when I was small.
    Yeah, that's what the original post meant too. :p
    So you thought you used to have "super powers"? If that was me I'd have been trying to do it again, heh.
  • Options
    I always have that falling dream where you are flying or just walking along and you trip or fall off something high and wake up the second you hit the ground. They always scare me because they're so so realistic, when i'm dreaming I think I am actually walking and have been knocked out from hitting the ground. Scary
  • Options
    Yeah, that's what the original post meant too. :p
    So you thought you used to have "super powers"? If that was me I'd have been trying to do it again, heh.
    I did. I don't know why I never tried to do it again. Probably my body going NONONONONOSTOP.