Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nail varnish stain removal...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know how to get dark purple nail varnish out of a cream fabric sofa-arm cover?? I tried nail varnish remover but you can still see the mark and it's been washed too. Help! :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_remove_nail_polish_stains_from_your_carpet

Says for carpets but im sure it would work for anything.
  • Options
    i got black nail varnish on my mums cream (?!) carpet and the only thing that got it out was stardrops! and i tried eeeeverything. i hope it works hehe :)
  • Options
    Ooh what's Stardrops? Thanks for the link GoodFella, I did have a look at that before I posted but there were so many different suggestions I got a bit lost and wondered if anyone on here had any they'd actually tried successfully. I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't the arm cover from the sofa in my new house - only lived there a few weeks and don't want to have ruined something already! Why did I try and put my nail varnish on there?? I should have known what would happen :(
  • Options
    this they sell it in most supermarkets, i know they sell it in asda. hopefully it'll work, you're meant to use it diluted but i used it neat, be careful though cos im guessing its quite strong so dont use too much or it might discolour the fabric around it...good luck!!
  • Options
    Ah thank you! I'll nip over to Asda at lunch and give it a go. Will let you know how I get on...
  • Options
    Just to let you know Stardrops worked a treat! Thank you so much for the tip! :)
  • Options
    yay! im glad :]]