Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Calm towards the annoying public

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I usually try to have a 'live and let live', pacifist attitude. However in recent times I seem to have a shorter temper and get annoyed by some things people do or say. I've noticed it particularly since living in London - I don't know if that could be a factor, but I certainly get wound up sometimes when cycling and I'm cut up by a taxi or a pedestrian jumps in front of me.

Any ideas for improving my calmness and empathy towards others? Does anyone else get annoyed by things when they could just save energy and ignore them?

Comments

• Options
    I usually try to have a 'live and let live', pacifist attitude. However in recent times I seem to have a shorter temper and get annoyed by some things people do or say. I've noticed it particularly since living in London - I don't know if that could be a factor, but I certainly get wound up sometimes when cycling and I'm cut up by a taxi or a pedestrian jumps in front of me.

Any ideas for improving my calmness and empathy towards others? Does anyone else get annoyed by things when they could just save energy and ignore them?

My god, do not even get me started on the general public!! They are all idiots and more often than none I have come home screaming at whoevers there about the twat, driving at 30 in a 70 limit all the way from town to where I live!! :banghead:

And, like you said, theres always some other twat who cuts you up/nearly runs you over, or decides to walk slowly in front of you/not move out your way/stop suddenly and decide they want to walk the opposite way, walking straight into you... ggrrrrrr!! :mad:

I also get this at work in a coffee shop... yes I'm aware that you're trying to look at the menu but I'm carrying stuff so heavy the trays about to snap!! And why not decide what you want first BEFORE joining the queue so you dont waste mine and everyone elses time!!

I rarely get angry about anything and can easily let stuff go, deciding its not worth getting wound up over, but other people, not people I know, but just people in general, really really wind me up!!!
  • Options
    i know what you mean, im refusing to have anyone with me in a supermarket because i just get so stressed and angry. i suddenly turn into a psycho, it's very strange
  • Options
    I get angry all the time, lately I have found myself sitting and thinking about all the things that have annoyed me and then getting even more wound up. I have absolutely no idea how to improve calmless and empathy towards others, I wish I did!
  • Options
    Well if I could save energy by ignoring them I would
    Take deep breaths, count to ten, blah blah blah
  • Options
    nah, it's more satisfying to get angry and know that you're a better general public person who doesn't walk slowly in front of other people.
    I get really annoyed with my mum actually. She's really over weight and has leg problems.
    An old lady on a zimmer frame over took her today. It's really frustrating walking with people who are slow (I know it can't be helped, doesn't make it any less annoying).
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!
  • Options
    You're not the only one, the general public are fucking morons...
  • Options
    remind me of a time a taxi pulled in front of me when i was cycling, disgustingly, i spat right at the car without thinking :) felt pretty bad afterwards though, i dislike cars very much so. nothing but bad news.. also had some close calls on roundabouts, what's more amazing is the dumb, i just fucking woke up dosile why are you in my way faces the drivers usually pull when they realised they nearly hit you. chase them mofo's and make them buy a new wing mirror, tough love
  • Options
    Mdma
  • Options
    John Paul Satre once said that "Hell is other people". He wasn't wrong.