Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

People that withhold information from you

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone come across a person who constantly withholds important information from you?

For example someone who says "Lets go on a trip to .... which is like 200 miles away" and then names a place but when you ask them why that particular place they never give you the reason.

Or they start crying but they'll never tell you the reason why and just tell you - "Well you should know ..."

Comments

• Options
    "if you don't know, there's no point telling you"
  • Options
    - *sobs*
    - Hey, what's the matter?
    - *sniff* nothing.
    - oh, ok.
  • Options
    So? If someone doesn't want to tell you something then they don't. If they do then they do.
    *shrugs*
  • Options
    my bf was in a bad mood recently. I asked him what the matter was and he told me i should know because hed already told me ages ago.
    I had absolutely no idea what he was going on about and hed been fine since.

nightmare. It took him ages to tell me and it turned out it wasnt even to do with me in the first place
  • Options
    So? If someone doesn't want to tell you something then they don't. If they do then they do.
    *shrugs*

So???

If someone's crying constantly and you have no idea why then big so??

Someone who's actually caring might actually want to try to help

Other less caring people might just say So?
  • Options
    *shrugs*

So if it's your bf/gf and you have the creeping suspicion it's because of you and they won't tell you, so there is nothing you can do? Maybe the are even a bit pissed at you and you don't even know what the heck is going on?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think everyone has the right to not say what their problem is.
    But if they exercise that right then they have no right to expect the asker to know anyway.

Simple.
  • Options
    You can NOT force information out of people. I simply meant (even tho i put it in a shit way) There is nothing you can do if they do not wish to tell you, if you have asked and they say nothing there is no point continuing to ask, They know you are are there when they want to talk that is all you can do.

IF they do tell you then they do, then you can help.

As it has been said, people have a right to say what they want and the have a right to say nothing. Not much you can do.
  • Options
    You can NOT force information out of people. I simply meant (even tho i put it in a shit way) There is nothing you can do if they do not wish to tell you, if you have asked and they say nothing there is no point continuing to ask, They know you are are there when they want to talk that is all you can do.

IF they do tell you then they do, then you can help.

As it has been said, people have a right to say what they want and the have a right to say nothing. Not much you can do.

It is not about that you don't know what's wrong. If my gf would say it is something irrelevant like something from work and she does not want to talk about it, I know next to nothing, but that's fine, but it's about the emotional blackmail if you see no apparent reason but get the vibe that she's upset because of you and maybe takes it out on you and there is nothing you can do. No cause, no cure.

Of course there is nothing you can do, but it's shitty anyway and that's the point, nobody was looking for ways to force an explanation out of anyone.
  • Options
    I agree with the concept;

Ask what is wrong and offer help if need be,
    If help or offer is refused then the crying person shouldnt expect the kind person to automatically know what is going on.