Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Smoking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How can you get rid of the smell on your fingers?
Thanks,
Xx

Comments

• Options
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... wash your hands?
  • Options
    Don't smoke usually helps too.
  • Options
    Not smoking is a great idea. It'll get rid of the tar and even the radioactive isotopes (eg. polonium-210) in your lungs as well and prevent you getting a terminal illness :) Smoking tobacco is so stupid I can't believe people still get hooked, no high and proven link to fatal diseases is a shit risk/reward factor.
  • Options
    Not smoking is a great idea. It'll get rid of the tar and even the radioactive isotopes (eg. polonium-210) in your lungs as well and prevent you getting a terminal illness :) Smoking tobacco is so stupid I can't believe people still get hooked, no high and proven link to fatal diseases is a shit risk/reward factor.

I don't think Po-210 is an issue. There's far more arsenic and other krud in tobacco smoke to worry about. Besides, 1 in 12 carbon atoms is radioactive after all.
  • Options
    Faustus wrote: »
    1 in 12 carbon atoms is radioactive after all.

I would check my sources on that.
  • Options
    Washing them doesn't work lol x
    And thanks Jordan.
    Oh and also, aparantly, if you chew gum and smoke at the same time it's worse for you? Is there any truth in that??
    Xx
  • Options
    Washing them should work, if you're washing them properly. You need to make sure you're properly washing your fingers rather than just your whole hand.
  • Options
    Rub a leaf on your hands.
  • Options
    stainless steele gets the smell of garlic and onions out of your hands, maybe it will work for cigarettes :p

When I smoked a handwash always did the trick.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I would check my sources on that.

Yeah, true. I was thinking of mass spectroscopy where the M+1 peak looks about 1 12th of the M peak, my mistake. It's actually around 1% of natural carbon.
  • Options
    Poo on your hand :)
  • Options
    Poo on your hand :)

... ermmm I think I'll pass...
    Xx
  • Options

quitting smoking is a great idea but unfortunately not that easy and getting rid of the smell can be harder BUT smokers should not be victimised the tobacco industry play a huge role in why we take up smoking - check out www.seethroughtheillusion.co.uk to see more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP2jnaIhE7c
    :chin: