Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need Advice.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know where this would go..
but anyways,
how can you make yourself become a fun person to be with? I feel like I'm the most boring person to be with. I'm alone most of the time now, and I never get asked to go out anymore. Only one person!
Can anyone give me any advice at all?

Comments

• Options
    It is very difficult to know what constitutes a "fun person to be with", as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you hang out with people who share your interests, you are half way there ... But, I suspect, that is not the case with you.

From my point of view, it is easier to define what is not interesting to the opposite sex ... or anyone else. Here are my observations:

Avoid being overly self-deprocating, humble, apologetic, etc. No-one wants to date Uriah Heap.

It is healthy to have opinions. You are not going to find your soul-mate by hiding them.

BUT, don't hog the conversation. Allow the other person to share their thoughts with you - even if they really need to tell you about the shit day they have had in the office.

Try not to turn every conversation back onto the subject of YOU. Not that I am suggesting that this is something you do, but it is a very common problem with some people. Example: your date tells you that someone close has been whisked into hospital for an emergency operation. Don't immediately start telling them about your Dad's open heart surgery. They probably just need to talk. If you care, you just need to listen.

Be prepared to be a little bit daring or off-the-wall. If things seem to be going well, "Mr Overly-polite" or "Mr In-touch-with-my-feminine-side" are unlikely to get you far. "Mr I'm-too-sexy-for-my-shirt" or "Mr Let-me-be-your-hero" are more likely to score - even if it's a bit of an act.

There is a fine line between teasing and flirting. Use both where appropriate: not the corny old chat-up lines, but finely-tuned personal observations.

A lot will depend on when and how you tend to meet people, but the worst thing in the world is to come across as someone who believes themselves to be boring. If you believe in yourself, but think others find you boring, it is because they don't appreciate you - not because you really are.
  • Options
    Brilliant post from overthehill :) only thing i can add is

If you want to make yourself more fun don't forget you also need to be interesting, reading books, watching classic movies, finding a subject you are interested in and learning more about it - for example chemistry, i know its not sexy but its interesting - the object of this is so you have an opinion on things that isnt 'yeah' 'innit' or 'nah' (i am not suggesting you say that now, just that some guys loooove girls who know their own mind)
  • Options
    Stick to that person and appreciate him/her. Try speaking more to people. Give input in conversations if your not doing so already. You need not to feel like your a boring person, try being positive.
  • Options
    Good advice by everyone.